Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here’s WDWNT’s weekly recap of the Disney news from March 11-17!
Walt Disney World
- New price increases on Walt Disney World ticketing came into effect this week, impacting park tickets, Park Hoppers, preferred parking and annual pass rates.
- The Guest Experience team which has been present and serving at the Magic Kingdom will now be a permanent offering, and teams will also be stationed at Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios, too.
- In preparation for the widening of the walkway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square, draining has begun on the moat around Cinderella Castle.
- See our photo update of the Tron Coaster construction this week.
- Next on the list of unique and themed snacks we’ve been trying is the Dumbo’s Magic Feather Brownie, a chocolatey, peanut buttery delight from Storybook Circus.
- We also reviewed the new Cheese and Deluxe Stromboli dinners from Pinocchio Village Haus this week.
- We tried the colorfully boozy new Himalayan Explorer Margarita at Warung Outpost.
- If you’re a pressed penny collector, make your way over to Pandora – The World of Avatar as there’s a new machine in Windtraders!
- We tried the new Kevin from Up! cupcake, and despite it being the most colorful cake we’ve ever seen, the flavor was a bit… mysterious.
- Back in January, we reported a baby giraffe being born on the savannas of Kilimanjaro Safaris. This week, the little guy – named Jabari – joined the herd back on the safari, and it’s lovely to see him doing so well.
- In Jibari’s honor, Animal Kingdom even brought out an adorable cupcake!
- Adventures by Disney is now offering a new Backstage Magic tour of Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom, featuring a behind-the-scenes access look at the nighttime show, as well as a private meal at Tiffins.
- We were all very saddened to hear of a male worker being killed in an industrial accident near the France pavilion in Epcot.
- Check out these photos of the adjustments made to the Epcot parking lot in advance of the upcoming entrance area revamp.
- This week, we learned of plans to update Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World in 2021, meaning a lengthy closure of the show ahead.
- Next week, the parking lot zones at Hollywood Studios will be renamed after characters represented in the park’s attractions.
- We’re all really looking forward to the upcoming Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy show at Hollywood Studios, and this week Disney released a video of John Ratzenberger (the voice of Mack in the franchise) contributing a voice recording for the show.
- See this week’s photo report for Hollywood Studios, including new signage for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, new merchandise, and more!
- We let you know previously that new automated PhotoPass cameras are being installed at selected Meet & Greets around the Walt Disney World resorts. These have now been installed at Star Wars Launch Bay, check out our photos here.
- Guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios are in for a sad surprise: the entire left side of the MuppetVision 3-D building has been painted over.
- We reviewed the new Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar menu offerings, which sadly didn’t live up to expectations.
- We got the lowdown on the special food events and offerings over at Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian. Did you know there was a National Food on a Stick Day?
- We reviewed the St Patrick’s Day speciality Shamrock Cupcake at Sprinkles, which sadly wasn’t as lucky a pick as we’d hoped…
- See this week’s photo report for Disney Springs, featuring new merchandise, Lego men at work, and a look at Jaleo.
- Check out our video of Plex, the resident robot at Planet Hollywood Observatory, who has been charming guests and posing for photos this week.
- We had lunch at Pepe by José Andrés and got to taste some amazing Spanish street food sandwiches and soft serve.
Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon
- This week, dedicated buses will service Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach from the Walt Disney World Resorts. Here’s everything you need to know about how to get around with these handy new routes.
Walt Disney World Resorts
All Star Resorts
- Guests staying at the All-Star Movies will now benefit from a speedier, upgraded Wi-Fi service, which is wonderful news for the resort.
Art of Animation Resort
- A new refillable resort mug has debuted at the Art of Animation Resort this week, with a fun design featuring favourite Pixar characters enjoying the Walt Disney World resort.
- See our photos of the Disney Skyliner construction progress from the Art of Animation resort this week.
Beach Club Resort
- The new shake on the block at Beaches and Cream is proving popular this week: the new spring milkshake is a dream come true!
Coronado Springs Resort
- The full menu for Toledo, the new restaurant at Coronado Springs, has been revealed. Check out the full offerings and prices here.
Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort
- Demolition progress has begun on the former River Country waterpark site, making way for a new Disney Vacation Club resort to be named Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort.
- We reviewed the new menu which debuted at Whispering Canyon Café at the Wilderness Lodge this week, including amazing all-you-care-to-eat skillets.
- This week we reviewed dinner at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club, and tried the weird and wonderful new Peanut Butter & Jelly Dessert.
- See this week’s photo report for the Disneyland resort, featuring Captain Marvel merchandise, construction walls, the scrim still up around the castle, and much more…
- Watch the video footage we took of the amazing firework spectacular during Disneyland After Dark’s 90s Nite last week! What a throwback.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- A special Galaxy’s Edge panel will be held at the Star Wars Celebration Chicago event in April, featuring Imagineers and Lucas Film staff discussing how the franchise will be brought to life through the upcoming park lands.
Disney California Adventure
- There’s a heck of a lot of blue food circulating through the parks at the moment. In DCA this week, we sampled and reviewed the limited-time Captain Marvel snacks: nachos, an ice cream sandwich, and a slush!
- The 2019 Food & Wine Festival is still in full swing at Disney California Adventure, and this week, we rounded off our reviews with a visit to the Festival Beer Garden for some drinks.
- This week, Disneyland Paris announced an increase in their annual pass prices.
- See this week’s photo report for Tokyo Disneyland, during the grand finale of the 35th Anniversary Celebration. This great report includes food reviews (Hello, green alien mochi!), characters, crowd levels, the Horseshoe Round-Up lunch show, and lots of tips!
- Read part three of one of the WDWNT writers’ trip to Tokyo Disneyland, including great photos and a report of their day in the Tokyo Disneyland park.
- A new The Lion King Spirit Jersey has been released on shopDisney – wear yours with pride!
- “The Happiest Place on Earth” collection at the Disneyland Resort is still growing, with more merchandise including a tote bag, housewares, and pens have been released.
- A new collection of Disney Parks Artist Series t-shirts has been released in the Disneyland Resort, with a fun new design take on the iconic Mickey Mouse.
- The March collection in the Disney Wisdom monthly series was released this weekend, featuring a green The Jungle Book design and an uplifting quote from Baloo.
- It was also revealed that Piglet, Meeko and Lumiere will be featured in the Disney Wisdom collection in upcoming months!
- Check out this adorable green alien “Chosen One” Mickey ear hat, which we spotted this week in Disneyland!
- The iconic Pixar Luxo ball is now available as a plush pillow from the Disney parks.
- A new youth dress has arrived at Disney Springs, with an adorable pattern featuring all the iconic Disney park snacks.
- An amazing new apparel range has hit the shelves of the Magic Kingdom, featuring lesser-represented animal characters from classic Disney movies including Pinocchio, Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, The Aristocats and Oliver and Company.
- Oh My Disney has just released a new line of swimwear for both men and women… just in time for waterpark season!
- The most magical sight we know has now been immortalized as a stylish purse, with this stunning Danielle Nicole Cinderella Castle purse which we spotted in Disney Springs this week.
- This new Dapper Yellow Spirit Jersey looks to be the brightest one yet, adding some sunny summer spirit to the jersey collection.
- Also in spirit jersey news, check out this tie-dye rainbow Stitch Spirit Jersey!
- MAC Cosmetics is due to release an exclusive makeup collection inspired by the upcoming movie Aladdin, featuring gorgeous shades of gold, hot pink and turquoise.
- Check out this exclusive and adorable Donald Duck Loungefly backpack which will be coming to Disney Cruise Line next month.
- Harveys of California released a fun new Toy Story collection this weekend, featuring bright and playful designs inspired by our favorite toys.
- An unbelievable new trailer has dropped for the upcoming live action movie Aladdin, giving us indescribable feelings.
- Also, we got an incredible new trailer for Avengers: Endgame, featuring Captain Marvel!
- Tickets are now on sale for Dumbo, which will hit theatres at the end of this month, and a new behind-the-scenes featurette has been released
- We received the epic news this week that James Gunn will return to direct Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3.
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Make sure you check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!