When Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens at the Disneyland Resort one week from today, you will be able to ride one of the most ambitious, advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. Already open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, this epic adventure blurs the lines between fantasy and reality on a scale never seen before in a Disney attraction.
Here’s how to make the most out of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and planning tips for the highly anticipated opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance on Jan. 17 at Disneyland park:
1. Download the official Disneyland mobile app
First things first. The Disneyland app allows you to navigate that land and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the land. Be sure to download before you go!
2. Plan around your attraction experience
Starting Jan. 17 as needed, a virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance may be implemented to help deliver the best possible guest experience, allowing guests to explore other areas of the park while waiting for their turn to ride. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group, available from the main page. Here’s how it will work:
- Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.
- There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
- Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.