Disney is spoiling us with all the recipes we’re able to make at home with our families! It’s definitely aiding in finding the magic wherever we are, even if it means we can’t be in the parks right now. The Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast is the next sweet recipe they’ve provided. This particular dish rotates seasonally on the menu at Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast from Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.Chef’s Note: Challah is traditional Jewish yeast bread, rich with eggs, sweetened with honey that makes the best French toast.
Are you going to try this super sweet, gooey mess of magic?! Let us know in the comments if you do!