We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, April 19, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- World Showcase Lagoon at EPCOT is busy this week with work ongoing at the site of the barges for “Harmonius” just yesterday we spotted the arrival of the primary pyrotechnic barges and now we watched daytime testing of a large water fountain in front of the centerpiece barge
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- According to the Walt Disney World website, the starting price of a handbuilt lightsaber from Savi’s Workshop in Disney’s Hollywood Studios has increased from $199 to $219
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle has shared on Instagram that “A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King” will debut in mid-May at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- To celebrate Earth Day, Disney’s Animal Kingdom has introduced a new Tiny World Magic Shot available to guests near the exit of It’s Tough to be a Bug
- In August 2019, it was announced that Beatrix Health Foods was to replace Bongos at Disney Springs but now the project has been canceled and Disney is reportedly developing new plans for the empty site
Other Walt Disney World News
- After having previously been released through June 26, Walt Disney World theme park hours have been released from June 27th through July 3rd
- American Idol contestants are on their way to Walt Disney World Resort for a special “Disney Night” on May 2, 2021
- The 2021 First Quarter Injury Report has been released for Orlando theme parks and it includes Kilimanjaro Safaris, Gran Fiesta Tour, and more reports from Walt Disney World
- Scott Gustin with Nexstar Media Group reported on Twitter that current and furloughed Cast Members at Walt Disney World in Florida will be receiving a complimentary one-night resort stay
- Though Grizzly River run is not on the list of Disneyland Resort reopening day attractions due to ongoing refurbishment, the Disneyland Resort website has been updated to indicate Grizzly River Run’s refurbishment will only last through May 6, meaning it will reopen on May 7th, one week after the rest of the park
- While exploring Downtown Disney District today at Disneyland Resort, we spotted a new project in progress as walls have gone up around the former site of The VOID
- According to Cast Members at the Disneyland Hotel, the hotel grounds will be open to all guests during the day before being restricted to hotel guests only at night and new gates with scan-in entry are being constructed around the hotel property
- The Haunted Mansion in Disneyland has received a few updates during its closure, including the return of old effects, and the attraction’s pet cemetery also received a refurbishment, with themed plants being placed next to each pet’s grave
Tokyo Disney Resort
- With a gradual resurgence in cases following the State of Emergency’s end just over a month ago, the Japanese Government and Chiba Prefecture have agreed to reinstate several of those measures to hopefully quell a fourth wave of COVID-19 infections and, of course, Tokyo Disney Resort is once again affected by these
- One of the more infamous character encounters has been the Fairy Godmother at Tokyo Disneyland, who has remained a masked character despite transitioning to a face character at other resorts and although the “Scary Godmother” was beloved for decades at the park, it seems she has finally been put to rest with a new (but still rather terrifying) Fairy Godmother mask, which made its debut in today’s return of Dreaming Up!
- It was just over a year and a half ago when we were first teased about Tokyo Disneyland’s new stage show—Mickey’s Magical Music World—as part of the massive New Fantasyland expansion of the park but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, the show never made its April 15th, 2020 premiere so instead, almost a year later, on April 1st, 2021, we finally got to bask in the newest addition to Tokyo Disney Resort’s near-perfect show repertoire—and true to its name, the show is quite magical
Disney Cruise Line
- The newest vessel in the Disney Cruise Line’s lineup will make a virtual splash on April 29th and while we’ve had a look at the ship before, this event will explore the Disney Wish in-depth, with background information from Imagineers and special appearances
- The third limited release series of the monthly “Stitch Crashes Disney” collection is now available at Walt Disney World
- In celebration of Earth Day this Thursday, the Disney Parks Blog has announced the debut of 100% recyclable plastic-free packaging for the classic doll line
- If you can’t get enough Spirit Jersey items, then World of Disney at Downtown Disney District has the perfect bucket hat to top off your outfit
- A new poster for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is now available on shopDisney along with several new prints of previous poster releases that celebrate the past, present, and future of EPCOT
- Four new mugs are available at Disneyland Resort featuring some of our favorite characters and each mug is perfect for expressing your mood for the day, whether you’re ready for a high-flying adventure or if you may be a little grumpy
Entertainment and Media
- Marvel Studios has released the first teaser trailer for the upcoming film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, starring Simu Liu.
WDW News Today
- Hakuna Matata! Tonight at 9 PM ET on Cosmic Reid Live, we’re creating brand new lands for Disney’s Animal Kingdom to celebrate the upcoming Earth Day as we’re always blown away by the beauty, nature, and design of Disney’s Animal Kingdom—from the thrills at Expedition Everest to the awe of the animals, what’s not to love?
Expanding Disney’s Animal Kingdom! – Cosmic Reid Live, Ep. 56
Guests Warned About Profanity, Morocco **** Removed, Cast Members Now Showing Tattoos-NewsToday 4/19
WDWNT: Nerd Alert – Season Seven – Episode 13
🔴 Live: Sloshin’ Right Down The Middle Of Main St., U.S.A.! Magic Kingdom Live Stream
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!