We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, April 27, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- In the ongoing refurbishment of the Jungle Cruise to address cultural insensitivity, another change has taken place: the spears with skulls mounted on them have been removed from the “abandoned Pygmy welcoming party” scene at the Magic Kingdom
- Progress has moved quickly since the refurbishment of Cinderella Castle Castle began in February—new flooring was framed, heating elements and weatherproofing added, and the new flooring installed, and now, the floor surfacing has been cured, making the refurbishment seemingly complete
- As we round out the fifth month at EPCOT since construction of La Gelateria began last November, there is hope on the horizon as additional details have been added to the façade of the upcoming gelato stand
- There were plenty of crew members on World Showcase Lagoon in EPCOT this morning as they cleaned and painted some of the “Harmonious” barges parked in the water
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- While availability for Park Passes has been limited since the Walt Disney World Resort parks reopened, Disney has commonly added additional reservation slots as certain peak times approached, and this ‘refilling’ of reservations has once again occurred today — specifically for Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A few days ago, we got to learn more about the creation of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge thanks to a new book by Amy Ratcliffe, The Art of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which was officially released today and in addition to information about scrapped plans for the land, the book also features never-before-seen concept art
Other Walt Disney World News
- Android users can now use their phones in place of a MagicBand as MagicMobile has gone live today on Android devices
- Today the CDC announced that those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are safe to participate in outdoor activities without a face mask; however, they followed up by noting that fully vaccinated people should still wear masks in crowded public outdoor settings
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, a reimagined version of Snow White’s Scary Adventures, will be opening with the rest of Disneyland on April 30 and while we only have a few more days before we can ride the attraction ourselves, we’re enjoying every look inside that Disney is giving us, with the latest being a new photo revealing a scene of Snow White surrounded by animals on a cliffside
- In a new video from Disney, Main Street, U.S.A. Cast Members prepare for guests to enter the park “for the first time in forever” ahead of Disneyland Park’s grand opening
- While the Jungle Cruise undergoes refurbishment to address inclusion and cultural sensitivity issues at both Disneyland Park and the Magic Kingdom, the attraction at Disneyland Park will not reopen with the rest of the resort this Friday and currently has construction walls erected
- As Disneyland Resort prepares to open to the public on April 30th, Cast Members visiting for previews have taken note of the COVID-19 safety measures around the park and we spotted round physical distancing markers at Disneyland Park, which show guests where to wait
- Earlier this month, Disney revealed that changes had taken place at the Haunted Mansion during Disneyland Resort’s year-long closure and even though Disneyland doesn’t reopen until April 30th, but during today’s Cast Member previews, we were able to see the changes early
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish opened to guests for the first time today during Disneyland’s soft opening as a reimagined version of Snow White’s Scary Adventures, with new technology and updated scenes—ride along with us here!
- MARVEL Avengers Campus will be opening at Disney California Adventure on June 4th and while there have been no in-person previews of this area just yet, we were able to get a glimpse at the new expansion thanks to Google Maps
- Ahead of Disneyland Resort reopening to the public this Friday, we strolled by the Stroller Shop and noticed that the rentals have undergone price increases
Disney Cruise Line
- When Disney Cruise Line resumes sailing, new dining options at Palo and Remy will be offered to provide Guests more options to enjoy specialty dining on the ships while customizing their experience
- The newest addition to the Disney Parks Loungefly collection stars none other than Minnie Mouse with her new Loungefly mini backpack arriving today at World of Disney at Disney Springs
- Celebrate National Denim Day tomorrow with a new addition to the Disney Parks Designer Collection: a denim ear headband
WDW News Today
2 Dudes Talkin’ About Disney’s High School Musical – Deep in the Plus – Ep 61
EPCOT’s New World Showcase Pavilion and Magic Kingdom Gets Duck Parade | Timekeeping #15 1984
🔴 LIVE: Taking A Trip Around The World At EPCOT!
NEW Snow White’s Enchanted Wish Full Ride POV – Disneyland Park
NEW Loading Area at The Haunted Mansion – Disneyland Park
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!