We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The “Abandoned Pygmy Welcoming Party” Hut has now also been removed from Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom.
- Posts for the 50th Anniversary sign that is to be installed on Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom have appeared.
- These new adjustable cloth face masks are available in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- The vignette images from Cinderella have now all been restored on Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel.
- A new black bucket hat with the Walt Disney World logo has arrived as part of the Spirit Jersey collection at Fantasy Faire in the Magic Kingdom.
- The archway entrance for the EPCOT Monorail at the Transportation and Ticket Center has been repainted.
- Announced today on the Disney Parks Blog, the new gelato stand in the Italy Pavillion will be called “Gelateria Toscana” and will open to guests in May.
- Following this morning’s full menu reveal, and the announcement that the new gelato stand in the Italy Pavilion at EPCOT will open in May, Gelateria Toscana’s sign has been installed.
- The mask-free relaxation station at the United Kingdom Pavilion will be relocating to the Morocco Pavilion on April 30th.
- In our photo report we give you a look at the “Points of Light” installation on Spaceship Earth, an update on the Harmonious barges, the return of an animatronic to the Gran Fiesta Tour, and more.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Art of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge coffee table book was released this week, and it has a look at the upcoming hotel’s sit-down restaurant.
- Monorail station supports have now been painted pink at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Whispering Canyon at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge has added Mickey-shaped scrambled eggs to the All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Breakfast Skillet.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Orange County, Florida Mayor announced today that he is reducing physical distancing requirements and eliminating the mask mandate in phases.
- Check out the new Star Wars treats and drinks that are flying into Walt Disney World to celebrate the honorary Star Wars Day on May 4th!
- Two new limited edition pins are now available at Walt Disney World: a limited edition Nurses Day pin and an “Artfully Evil” Scar pin.
- Beginning May 3rd, the construction work on the EPCOT/World Center Drive entrance to Walt Disney World will cause Exit 67 off of I-4 Westbound to close.
- A new photo opportunity featuring Sam Wilson’s Captain America is coming soon to Disney California Adventure, and now Disney has shared a first look at the experience.
- Several new Limited Edition pins have debuted at Disneyland Resort, featuring the newest additions to the “Disney Dream Destinations”, “Magic in the Stars”, and “Where Fantasy Grows” collections.
- Adjustable face masks that resemble the face coverings that Cast Members wear have debuted at Downtown Disney District.
- We now have photos from Mickey’s Toontown of what exactly guests should expect to see when they look toward the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway show building when the resort reopens this Friday.
- New lampposts and “Space Remnants” have been added to the pavement near Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at Disney California Adventure.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- After twelve years as President and Chief Operating Officer of the Oriental Land Company, owner and operator of Tokyo Disney Resort, Kyoichiro Uenishi announced today that he will step down effective June 29th.
- As final touches are made to the highly anticipated Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, due to open soon, Disneyland Paris has announced a regal transformation of the iconic Disneyland Hotel, which will be the first Disney Hotel to celebrate a royal theme.
- Watch the newest trailer for Disney and Pixar’s Luca, coming to Disney+ for no extra charge for subscribers on June 18, 2021.
WDW News Today
Ride Snow White’s Enchanted Wish at Disneyland, Haunted Mansion Changes – NewsToday 4/28
ParksCenter – Park Pass Policies Change, PeopleMover Rides Again, and Disneyland Opens!! – Ep. 149
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!