We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- A few days ago we began to speculate that the themed 1994 New Tomorrowland “gear” pavement would be replaced, and that replacement is now confirmed.
- Progress on the TRON Lightcycle Run canopy is still underway, even though the attraction is heavily delayed.
- Every “Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom” Game Plaque has now been removed from Magic Kingdom.
- The Main Street USA Baby Care Center at the Magic Kingdom is currently being refurbished and walls have been placed around the entrance.
- One job listing on the Palmas Restaurant Group website offers a $1000 “culinary sign-on bonus” with the location listed as San Angel Inn.
- Check out our Photo Report to see more detail on the “Points of Light” being installed at Spaceship Earth.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Hungry guests will soon have more snack options at Disney’s Animal Kingdom as Terra Treats and Dino Diner kiosks are set to reopen this week.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Disney Springs is looking to grow its team by holding a job fair on Thursday, May 13th, from 11am – 2pm.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- With reopening on the calendar for late July, construction chugs along at a steady pace at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World removing 6 Feet Physical Distancing requirements, and will change to less distance in select locations.
- The EPCOT/World Center Drive entrance sign is being worked on and priming has now begun on the Mickey Mouse background and the pillars alongside him.
- Today, Star Wars Celebration Anaheim announced that they are moving up their convention dates from August 2022 to May 26-29, 2022.
- We’re less than a month away from the grand opening of Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure, and today Disneyland President Ken Potrock posted about the upcoming Shawarma Palace food stand.
- Swim along with us to The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure to check out the physical distancing measures in place at the attraction.
- We took a spin on Toy Story Midway Mania! today at Disney California Adventure.
- California Secretary of Health and Human Services Dr. Mark Ghaly stated Tuesday that the state is on pace to drop tier restrictions and capacity limits; including a near elimination of the state-wide mask mandate.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- To celebrate Donald’s 87th birthday coming on June 9th, the Disney Store in Japan and shopDisney JP are releasing a full line dedicated to the Three Caballeros on May 14th!
- Tokyo Disney Resort to offer refunds for unused tickets dated July 1st, 2020 through June 11th, 2021.
- The French government has determined they will not require guests to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 nor a negative COVID test to enter theme parks.
- The new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge mini backpack and wallet have rolled into the Droid Depot at Disneyland.
Entertainment and Media
- Marvel’s “Eternals” and “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” may be blocked from release in China.
- Today is World Facilities Management Day, and Disney is celebrating by releasing a still from the upcoming Disney+ series Monsters at Work.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has announced more details about the AquaMouse, an attraction aboard the Disney Wish cruise ship.
WDW News Today
ParksCenter – Changes to Distancing Policy, New Halloween Bash and Virtual Queues! – Ep. 151
The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure Reopens at Disney California Adventure
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!