We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, May 15, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- For the first time since March 2020, guests are walking right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. without a face covering.
- Today is Armed Forces Day, and Disney is honoring a Magic Kingdom Cast Member who served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Capacity at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror increased today, as separate parties are now seated together with one seat between.
- We visited Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream inside Walt Disney Presents to find that physical distancing markers have been removed, in total, from the theater.
- One of our favorite soft pretzels has returned to Walt Disney World: the cheddar – jalapeño pretzel is available at Pretzel Palooza in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- With the official reopening of “A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King”, comes a change: guests are now being seated in every row.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Despite the outdoor mask policy change, Cast Members are asking guests to pull up their masks in some outdoor queues.
- With the new outdoor mask policy in place, we expected to hear an updated mask announcement in the parks: we didn’t hear one at all.
- With today’s change to Walt Disney World’s outdoor mask policy comes an additional benefit: Guests may now eat and drink while moving outdoors.
- We’ve already temperature checks for guests removed from some resort hotel restaurants, and now we’re seeing that park entrances have followed suit.
- Ahead of the Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary, the EPCOT/World Center Drive is final entrance to receive the new color scheme; today we checked out the progress.
- Although the Walt Disney World Resort made the decision yesterday to end the mask mandate outdoors for Guests, the Disneyland Resort issued a statement today clarifying that their outdoor mask requirement remains in place.
- When Alfresco Tasting Terrace opens May 20 at Disney California Adventure, Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders will see this new menu.
- We stopped by Pixar Pier to take a swing on the Pixar Pal-A-Round and take a look at the physical distancing measures in place.
- We weren’t too dizzy from our spin on Pixar Pal-A-Round, so we thought we’d mosey on over to see our favorite cowgirl at Jessie’s Critter Carousel.
- The Disney Parks TikTok account shows Avengers Campus Cast Members “Suiting Up” in their new costumes at Disney California Adventure.
- We encountered Thor, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Captain America in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure.
- Check out our Photo Report to see a look at heavier crowds, Grizzly River Run, Indiana Jones Adventure Virtual Queue, and more!
- The latest attraction to receive the board game treatment is “it’s a small world.”
- A new Tinker Bell collection from Dooney & Bourke is flying into Walt Disney World on May 18.
- If you’re looking for some stylish loungewear, hop on over to Elias & Co at Disney California Adventure to check out these new tie-dye crop hoodies and matching shorts.
WDW News Today
🔴LIVE: First Maskless Day Outdoors at Disney With Tom Corless
Pixar Pal-A-Round Reopens at Disney California Adventure
Jessie’s Critter Carousel Reopens at Disney California Adventure
Black Panther, Spider-Man, and More Physically Distanced Meet & Greet at Disney California Adventure
Peter Pan’s Flight Reopens at Disneyland
Mark Twain Riverboat Reopens at Disneyland
Casey Jr. Circus Train Reopens at Disneyland
Star Tours Reopens at Disneyland
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!