We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, May 20, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The final temporary supports have now been removed from TRON Lightcycle / Run.
- We’ve found new Villains merchandise, a new mousse, and more construction updates in our latest photo report.
- Rider capacity has increased and dividers have been removed on Soarin’ Around the World.
- Following the completion of paving at one end of Creations Shop, EPCOT’s new popcorn kiosk has arrived.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance has been down since Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened this morning and did not open at all today.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Just in time for summer, a sign went up today for the new BoardWalk Ice Cream, and we were able to check out the new space.
- The new BoardWalk Ice Cream parlor brings a new menu which was inspired by Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.
- Check out our photos and review of the Shoreside Sundae & Thundering Surf Peanut Butter and Chocolate Sundae at BoardWalk Ice Cream.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort had several new construction developments this week as the monorail station and porte-cochére take shape.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Soon, it’ll be easier than ever to travel the Sunshine State, as the Brightline high-speed rail expansion has reached the halfway mark between Miami and Orlando.
- Everyone who is eligible is now able to apply to participate in the Disney College Program.
- Physical distancing policies are changing at Walt Disney World, we’ve seen evidence of the new policies begin to pop up around the resort including physical distancing markers being placed three feet apart rather than six.
- Walt Disney World has teamed up with Snapchat to create new lenses celebrating the resort’s 50th anniversary later this year.
- The phased reopening of the Disneyland Resort moves another step forward as the Disneyland Hotel reopens on July 2, 2021 with limited capacity.
- Check out the full menu at Shawarma Palace, including breakfast, coming to Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure.
- Take a look at our review of the attraction-themed drinks and food at the new Legacy Passholder Alfresco Tasting Terrace.
- The courtyard near the Hyperion Theater, most recently used as an extended queue for Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission: BREAKOUT!, has transformed into the Pym Test Kitchen Dining Area, complete with a massive Choco Smash candy bar.
- Today the Disney Careers website listed a new job posting aimed at recruiting part-time Attractions Cast Members at Disneyland Resort.
- Photos have surfaced of the highest turret on the castle, which has been revealed as scaffolding and scrim were removed.
- Today, we found an acid-wash lightweight Spirit Jersey featuring Stitch at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Disney fans can prepare to celebrate the patriotic summer holidays with a new Americana clothing line and tie-dyed Crocs.
- New pins featuring Mickey, Cruella, and more arrived at Disney California Adventure.
- Disney announced today that Hocus Pocus 2 will star the original three witches: Bette Midler as Winifred Sanderson, Sarah Jessica Parker as Sarah Sanderson, and Kathy Najimy as Mary Sanderson.
The Walt Disney Company
- Toy Story Splash Zone Waterplay area is coming to Disney Cruise Line aboard the Disney Wish.
WDW News Today
WDW May Sell APs, Space 220 Nears Opening, Merchandise Interacts With Spider-Man Ride – NewsToday 5/19
🔴 LIVE Ink & Paint – Dealing with Disney Judgment
🔴 LIVE: Dinner Shows Outside The Bubble – Episode 3
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!