We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Two months after closing for refurbishment, the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom now has construction walls up around some of it.
- A few days ago, we saw interior props being moved around at TRON Lightcycle / Run in Magic Kingdom, confirming that interior construction has resumed — now what appears to be drywall is being carried into the show building.
- Earlier this month, the last of the game plaques for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom were removed, and new pavement is now being placed where the plaques once sat.
- Since Walt Disney World reopened last summer, the EPCOT Monorail line has not been running, and now, the main signage over the entrance has been removed.
- We spotted some new additions this morning at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
- We stopped by the Farmers Feast booth this morning to find some new summer menu changes for the Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Though Asian Pacific American Heritage Month is almost over, Lotus Blossom Cafe in EPCOT’s China Pavilion has new menu items to celebrate the month, including the new Red Bean Ice Float.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Marriott’s Fairfield Inn & Suites will be opening at Disney’s Flamingo Crossings Town Center in July.
- The COVID-19 testing site that opened at Walt Disney World’s Maingate complex last year has now closed.
- The latest Disney Parks TikToks show off the Atomic Fusion Pretzel, first revealed last week, as well as several cocktails coming to Pym Testing Kitchen and Pym Tasting Lab!
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in Disneyland Park will be closing for refurbishment on July 5.
- As previously announced, the Disneyland Legacy Passholder discounts have been extended again.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Since there are no seasonal events this summer, the resort is celebrating instead with souvenir items themed to the resort’s iconic Mickey Ice Bars!
- Quite a bit of attractions are scheduled for their week-long refurbishments through December 2021 (and a couple of multi-month ones on the way, too), so let’s take a look at the refurbishment schedule at both Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea!
- Just in time for Pride Month, a colorful new Minnie Mouse ear headband has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- For those of you that adore an anti-hero (or even villain at times), now Disneyland has the perfect Marvel Loki ear headband for you!
- Funko has partnered with Disney to create a game that lets players sail around the world, and it is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- Today, we found many new limited edition pins at the Downtown Disney District celebrating the 55th anniversary of the beloved attraction “it’s a small world,” the 15th anniversary of the first Cars movie, and the much-anticipated new Disney+ series Loki.
- The EPCOT serigraph poster collection continues with a new limited edition poster featuring the Wonders of Life Pavilion, but you’ll have to move fast to snatch this one, as it is only available until May 31st.
Entertainment and Media
- Samuel E. Wright, who voiced Sebastian in Disney’s The Little Mermaid, has passed away at age 74.
- Set in the Hundred Acre Wood, the upcoming Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation will tell a new story featuring life-size puppetry.
WDW News Today
🔴LIVE: It’s a World of Fun at Disneyland
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run Reopens at Disneyland
Disney Park Pass Reservation System and Virtual Queues Will Stay Post-Pandemic – NewsToday 5/24
Two Dudes Talking About Disney’s “High School Musical 2” Deep in the Plus – Ep 65
Maelstrom and IllumiNations at EPCOT, A Grand New Magic Kingdom Hotel | Timekeeping #19 – 1988
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!