We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, May 27, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The future location of “Trader Sam’s Gift Shop” has arrived at the Jungle Cruise at the Magic Kingdom.
- Physical distancing markers have been removed from the Magic Kingdom Ferryboat.
- The Jardin de Fiestas booth, part of the Taste of EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival, has been closed for several days and failed to open again today.
- Earlier today, Imagineer Zach Riddley shared an update and photos from the new Creations Shop coming to EPCOT this summer.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Today, we stopped by MuppetVision 3D at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to see what changes have been made to the physical distancing measures there.
- We review the “Sweet and Savory Popcorn” from Hot and Fresh Popcorn at Hollywood Studios.
- Disney has released some details about the first screening of Cruella at Disney Springs on May 28; starting at 6 PM (ET) Disney Springs will be broadcasting the event live from the red carpet.
Other Walt Disney World News
- On December 4, 2021 Walt Disney World will host a virtual pin event that pits heroism against villainy.
- As Disney relaxes pandemic related regulations throughout the parks, new signage has appeared reminding guests of masking requirements at indoor locations and on attractions.
- We took a pause on rides at Disney California Adventure to catch a show at Mickey’s PhilharMagic.
- The opening ceremony of the Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park will be broadcast via livestream on June 2 at 8:15 p.m. PT.
- We dropped by during our visit to Disney California Adventure to take a ride on the Jumpin’ Jellyfish.
- We hopped on board a Memory Mover at Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind and took a look at the physical distancing measures in place at the ride.
- Avengers Campus opens next week, and Cast Members got a chance to preview the food offerings coming to PYM Test Kitchen.
- This year is the 55th anniversary of the happiest cruise that ever sailed at Disneyland! “it’s a small world” opened at Disneyland in 1966, and Disney is commemorating the occasion with new merchandise.
Entertainment and Media
- In more Jungle Cruise news, Disney has released a new poster and trailer for the upcoming film based on the beloved attraction.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company announced two new additions to their board of directors today: Silicon Valley veteran Amy Chang, and the chief executive officer of Lululemon Athletica Inc., Calvin McDonald.
WDW News Today
Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room Reopens at Disneyland
Disneyland Railroad Reopens with Altered Loading Procedures
🔴 LIVE: Drinking Outside The Bubble – Episode 4
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!