This post may contain affiliate links; please read the disclosure for more information.
We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Walt Disney World
- More plaques from the defunct Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game have been removed from Liberty Square, Adventureland, and Fantasyland.
- We found this first batch of Castle Collection Disney Princess tiaras at Sir Mickey’s at the Magic Kingdom.
- A limited release MagicBand featuring Moana has arrived at Uptown Jewelers at the Magic Kingdom.
- We brought you an update on the construction of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT.
- Though the Disney Skyliner route to EPCOT typically operates around park hours, travel to the park will be delayed tomorrow for guests.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Disney Parks Loungefly collection mini backpack and matching wallet featuring Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway has arrived at Sunset Club Couture.
- Three new limited pins have made their way into The Darkroom at Disney’s Hollywood Studios featuring the May holidays.
- Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew on Disney Springs West Side is offering Cinco de Mayo themed donut that is only available today.
- We found this MuppetVision 3D 30th Anniversary Magic Band at World of Disney at Disney Springs ahead of the attraction’s 30th anniversary on May 16th.
- The brand new Moana collection from Dooney & Bourke has shored up to Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories in Town Center at Disney Springs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Wave… of American Flavors & The Wave Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be unavailable this summer as Disney refurbishes the space in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
- We stopped by Disney’s Beach Club Resort and we spotted a fun, new ice cream-themed item at Beach Club Marketplace.
- On a recent ride over to Disney’s Contemporary Resort, we dropped into Bayview Gifts and found two new pairs of Disney lounge pants.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World Resort announced that they will be removing mandatory temperature checks from theme park entrances and more, beginning for cast members on May 8th and then for guests on May 16th.
- Walt Disney World Resort has announced the long-awaited return of dinner at Chef Mickey’s, as well as the reopening of Cape May Cafe and Tusker House Restaurant.
- We brought you photos and videos from the new distanced Princess Character Meet & Greets with Rapunzel, Snow White, Ariel, Elsa, Anna, and more at Disneyland.
- We also showed you photos and video of Princess Tiana, Captain Jack Sparrow, and Redd greeting guests at a distance in New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park.
- We were able to visit with both Rey and Chewbacca in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge.
- We took you Soarin’ Around the World as the attraction returns to Disney California Adventure after the extended park closure.
- We also grabbed photos and video from Lilo, Stitch, Miguel, Nick Wilde, & Judy Hopps distanced meet and greets in Paradise Gardens Park at Disney California Adventure.
- Today Marvel put out a video with Tom Hiddleston announcing that the new series “Loki” will move up the original premiere date from Friday, June 11th to Wednesday, June 9th, 2021.
ParksCenter – Disney World Removing Temperature Checks, First Look at a Real Lightsaber! – Ep. 150
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!