We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The latest change to remove culturally insensitive elements from Jungle Cruise comes to the “native celebration” scene, where the animated figures of dancers have been removed from the hut.
- We noticed that the markers for the extended queue at the Haunted Mansion have been removed.
- At Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT, we tried the Mickey Rainbow Dome Cake.
- EPCOT’s new flagship merchandise location, Creations Shop, is scheduled to open this summer, but there’s still a lot of construction work to be done.
- EPCOT has several new rainbow sweets debuting today to celebrate the month of June, so we headed over to Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion to try another colorful cake.
- Disney Imagineer Zach Riddley has taken to Instagram once again to give a behind-the-scenes look at the design for the Creations Shop, sharing a look at the new terrazzo flooring.
- We started at EPCOT and checked in on some construction projects before heading to Disney Springs in the latest photo report.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Two new morning time slots for the popular Celebration of Festival of the Lion King live show were added to the schedule.
- You can now live out your Cruella fashion fantasy with Disney PhotoPass’ newest offering: a virtual background of a red carpet premiere plastered onto “The National Herald” newspaper front page spread.
- We continue trying new Pride desserts around Walt Disney World by stopping by Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs for their new tropical offering, the Paradise Pride Pastry.
- We stopped by Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew at Disney Springs today to check out their Pride donut, available only until the end of the month.
- Disney Parks on TikTok has given us a closer look at the Sweet Spiral Ration and Cosmic Cream Orb coming soon to Terran Treats in MARVEL Avengers Campus.
- We are just days away from the opening of MARVEL Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure and Disney has just announced more information about entering the land.
- Disneyland Resort is now offering a new PhotoPass+ One Day option for a limited time.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has received clearance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to hold a simulation sailing from June 29 to July 1.
- Disney Cruise Line fans can now enter to win a sailing on the brand-new Disney Wish before its maiden voyage on June 9 of next year.
- If you are a fan of Loki or the classic Disney movie Atlantis: The Lost Empire, you need to make your way over to the Magic Kingdom to pick up these new Limited Release pins.
- On our most recent browsing trip to MouseGear at EPCOT, we found a new pair of Darth Vader ears, just in time for Father’s Day later this month.
- 686,000 households watched Cruella in the U.S. over the four-day weekend, about 39% fewer than Mulan.
WDW News Today
Is “The Good Dinosaur” Underrated or PIXAR’s Worst? Deep in the Plus – Ep 66
Disney-MGM Studios, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island and More Open | Timekeeping Episode 20 – 1989
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!