We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- We headed to the Jungle Cruise this morning to find that most physical distancing measures on the attraction have been removed, including the plexiglass dividers on the boats.
- While on the Jungle Cruise, we found a new enhancement had been added as the refurbishment of the attraction continues: a partially-sunken boat has joined the hippos.
- Tickets for Disney After Hours Boo Bash are now available for all guests, with many dates in October already sold out.
- Every seat and row of Splash Mountain logs are now being filled again, increasing capacity for the ride.
- During our stroll in Fantasyland, we noticed that the scrim overlay covering the exterior of Peter Pan’s Flight has been partially removed.
- It’s been a big day for changes at the Magic Kingdom, so to help summarize all of our findings, here is your guide to the updates.
- We had an exciting day at the park, both weather-wise and news-wise, and we have lots to share with you in today’s photo report!
- The iconic fountain in the plaza of the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOT has been behind temporary planter barriers for nearly a month, but progress is moving steadily as the new pavement is added.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Plexiglass dividers are being removed from attraction ride vehicles, including Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will be reopening on August 26 for all guests.
Other Walt Disney World News
- As we boarded the monorail at the Transportation and Ticket Center this morning to head to the Magic Kingdom, we found the dividers in the monorail have been removed.
- Effective today, vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear masks on attractions at Walt Disney World.
- Fireworks are finally returning to Walt Disney World on July 1st with nightly shows at Magic Kingdom Park and EPCOT.
- Operating hours have been extended at three of the Walt Disney World theme parks throughout July, and showtimes announced for Happily Ever After and EPCOT Forever.
- While Disney is reintroducing some nighttime spectaculars, the “special” holiday fireworks are reportedly on hold for the time being.
- While it’s not as big a deal as the return of fireworks to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, sometimes even the smallest changes can bring us joy: ketchup, salt, and pepper have made a quiet but impactful reappearance on the tables.
- Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle took to Instagram today to welcome the first batch of Disney College Program Cast Members after the program’s return.
- Guests looking to stay on property at one of Disneyland’s hotels can now enjoy extra savings on select rooms and dates.
- Fireworks will be returning to Disneyland Park this summer beginning July 4, with Mickey’s Mix Magic presented nightly throughout the summer.
- With physical distancing being removed, many experiences are returning this week, including the pre-shows for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the Disneyland Band, and more.
- All Californians aged 12+ who receive a COVID-19 vaccination are automatically entered into the “Vax for the Win” sweepstakes program, and one of the prizes is a trip for four to Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Paris reopened for Annual Passholders today, and guests got to ride the brand new Cars Road Trip attraction in Walt Disney Studios Park.
- We have our first look at an animated figure of a character for the upcoming Zootopia themed land at Shanghai Disneyland.
- Several new pins have arrived at Frontier Trading Post in the Magic Kingdom to continue some popular monthly pin series and celebrate film anniversaries.
Entertainment and Media
- For fans of the live-action Beauty and the Beast, a new prequel series about Gaston and LeFou is coming to Disney+.
WDW News Today
Cars Road Trip FULL NEW RIDE POV – Walt Disney Studios Paris
Guests Get On Stage for Magic Selfie Moments with Characters at Mickey and the Magician Theater
Walt Disney World’s 20th Anniversary… in SPECTROMAGIC! | Timekeeping #22 – 1991
Is Moana the Best Disney Princess Movie? Deep in the Plus – Ep 68
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!