We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, June 18, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- We have been keeping an eye on Peter Pan’s Flight, and we’re happy to report that now the scrim covering the show building has been removed.
- Scentsy is entering a multi-year relationship with Walt Disney World Resort as the Official Home Fragrance of the resort and will be working with Disney to bring to life a guest experience within Fantasyland.
- The popular vehicle Design Station inside Test Track in the main queue and exit have also reopened to Guests, along with other interactive areas.
- Indiana Jones may not follow maps to find treasure, but you’ll want to follow your map to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar at The Landing in Disney Springs to try the new Bacon of Doom.
- To celebrate Father’s Day this coming Sunday, Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs has created a new Darth Vader petit cake.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- At Capt. Cook’s in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, there’s a special new Father’s Day cupcake available for a limited time.
- Eaves have been added to the new porte-cochére roof as construction continues at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Starting today, fully vaccinated Walt Disney World Cast Members are no longer required to wear face masks when working outdoors.
- My Disney Experience has updated to add a new header image at the top of the app, and to make it easier to edit your profile image.
- Single rider lines are returning to Walt Disney World. As of today, single rider is available at Millennium Falcon – Smuggler’s Run in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Walt Disney World hours have been released from August 29 through September 4 for all theme parks.
- Good news, runDisney fans! It looks like the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will return for the 2022 season.
- Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort is celebrating summer with new limited-time treats, merchandise, photo-ops, and more.
- Operating hours have been released for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure from August 1 through August 7.
- Tomorrowland visitors, be on the lookout: the sometimes mischievous but always adorable Stitch is once again saying “aloha” to guests.
- Pre-shows have returned, plus physical distancing markers and plexiglass have been removed from Millenium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, noted that Disneyland will see some permanent changes as a result of measures introduced during the pandemic.
- While enjoying our stroll, we came across a few of the lovely Citizens of Buena Vista Street who were out interacting with guests.
- We spotted the triumphant return of themed souvenir bottles at the Coca-Cola cart in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Exciting news for Pride month: Gay Days will return to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on September 17th through the 19th.
- Alien Pizza Planet has reopened its doors to guests at Disneyland.
- During our time exploring the park, we stopped by Arcade Alpha and found the space has been converted into a device charging and relaxation area.
- With the release of Luca on Disney+ today, Walt Disney World has a new line of merchandise for the Pixar film.
Entertainment and Media
- Pride month is in full swing, and to celebrate, Disney+ is hosting a virtual concert titled This Is Me: Pride Celebration Spectacular, which will be hosted by the popular drag performer Nina West.
- We reviewed the new Disney+ Pixar movie Luca, and found it lacking.
The Walt Disney Company
- As Disney moves retail primarily to shopDisney, classic Disney Stores around the world have been closing. Sadly, this now includes the original Disney Store location in Glendale, California.
WDW News Today
Every Disney Park on Earth is Open, COVID Restrictions Continue to Ease | News Today 6/18
🔴LIVE: Kitchen Takeover With Hil and Jill!
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!