We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, June 19, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Now that physical distancing is gone, the famous stretching room has finally returned to the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom.
- In another sign of a return to normal at Walt Disney World, the Laughin’ Place play area has reopened at Splash Mountain.
- Floating props have now been added near and downstream of the sunken boat on the Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom.
- And even more netting has been added to the canopy framework above the TRON Lightcycle / Run track as construction continues on the rollercoaster.
- In our Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs photo report we showed you that Cast Members are allowed to work without masks outside, that new “Luca” merchandise has appeared, that there are two new desserts at Amorette’s Patisserie, and more!
- And we brought you even more details in our review of this delicious Piña Colada Cheesecake at Amorette’s Patisserie.
- Today while we were enjoying our time at Disneyland we came across two of our favorites: Pinocchio and his maker, Geppetto.
- With COVID-19 safety measures diminishing, attractions have resumed pre-pandemic operations with all physical distancing measures removed at Disneyland Park.
- We gave you a photo tour of Disney California Adventure, reporting on the return of pre-shows, the removal of plexiglass dividers and more.
- We showed you several new restaurant openings at Disneyland Resort.
- And lastly, Le Petit Chalet reopened at Disneyland with an Abominable Snowman Big Feet plush.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Although the State of Emergency in the Tokyo area is set to be lifted on June 21st, the Oriental Land Company announced today that the park hours cut implemented on May 17th will be extended once again through July 11th.
- Also, this week, both Universal Studios Japan and the Oriental Land Company, owner and operator of Tokyo Disney Resort, announced plans to offer COVID-19 vaccines to all workers in the immediate future.
- While a full slate of Easter offerings at Tokyo DisneySea did not return this year as we had hoped, we have a video of the Mickey & Friends Harbor Greeting complete with Usapiyos, available through June 30.
- A strong storm system dumped rain on the recently reopened Disneyland Paris causing flooding in areas of the resort.
- Disneyland Paris has also provided a closer look at Disney’s Hotel New York — The Art of Marvel merchandise, dining, lounges, and Marvel artwork.
- And finally, now that Disneyland Paris has reopened, we have our first look at the cast of “Disney Junior Dream Factory”.
- New designs are available in the MaDe kiosks at Walt Disney World, where guests can personalize MagicBands, phone cases, and magnets featuring Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, their favorite Disney Villains, and more.
Entertainment and Media
- And last, we reported that John Paragon, a writer and director for Disney’s Living Character Initiatives, has passed away at 66.
WDW News Today
🔴LIVE Wild Times in Thunder Mesa with Tom at Disneyland Paris
Stretching Room Returns to The Haunted Mansion – Magic Kingdom
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!