We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- At the beginning of June, we experienced rope drop at EPCOT; now, it has returned to Magic Kingdom.
- Disney has just announced a brand new nighttime spectacular, “Disney Enchantment”, arriving on October 1 for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
- Today Disney released new images of Mickey, Minnie, and the gang on Main Street U.S.A. showing off their new costumes for the 50th Anniversary.
- A new cavalcade celebrating the 50th anniversary of Magic Kingdom and Walt Disney World will debut on October 1st.
- This morning, we found the plexiglass dividers have been removed from the queues of a number of attractions around the park.
- We took a ferryboat from the Transportation & Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom and found ourselves in a crowd like the days before the pandemic.
- Most October dates and some September dates are now sold out for the Disney After Hours Boo Bash event.
- Walt Disney World president Jeff Vahle confirmed that the new nighttime spectacular “Harmonious” will be premiering at EPCOT on October 1, 2021, for the resort’s 50th anniversary.
- Later on, Disney shared a new photo of the “Harmonious” nighttime spectacular.
- With interactive features reopening around EPCOT as Covid restrictions ease, instruments (without mallets) have returned to the Refreshment Outpost in World Showcase.
- Today we strolled through the many lands of Magic Kingdom and traveled around the world at EPCOT in the latest photo report!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A new daytime show, “Disney KiteTails”, is coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom on October 1 for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World.
- A recent permit suggests that there will be playground construction work in DinoLand U.S.A. at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- For Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary on October 1, 50 new gold character statues will debut throughout the theme parks.
- Disney will celebrate those who make a difference in their local communities through the “Disney Magic Makers” contest, giving trips to Walt Disney World to 50 winners.
- A new set of Disney books is coming later this year to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
- According to the Orlando Sentinel, approximately 250 alligators have been trapped and removed from Disney properties in Florida since 2016.
- The Pooh Corner gift shop has reopened in Critter Country.
- When Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reopened, only guests with hotel reservations were allowed to enter the hotel and dine at the restaurants, but today, the hotel is officially open to all guests.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Although we thought Showbase to be retired with the new Fantasyland Forest Theatre’s opening on April 1, it seems that the Oriental Land Company is not yet through with the venue, announcing the brand-new Club Mouse Beat show coming July 2nd.
- With Club Mouse Beat debuting July 2 at Showbase, Tokyo Disneyland will also release a small line of merchandise to commemorate the exciting new show!
- Tokyo Disney Resort has been absolutely crushing the popcorn bucket game lately, and the latest installment in this saga is a brand-new light-up popcorn bucket featuring the iconic Aunt Peg’s Village Store in the Cape Cod area of Tokyo DisneySea’s American Waterfront port.
- Tokyo Disney Resort has been releasing a slew of items themed to iconic Mickey balloons this year, and they’ve come up with something that every Disney fan just might need —cushions shaped like the beloved balloons!
- Mickey and his best pals take a ride on the new Cars ROAD TRIP attraction in an adorable video.
- In Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, which just opened at Disneyland Paris, concept art for California Adventure’s Avengers Campus is being displayed including never-before-seen art depicting an Avengers-themed E-Ticket attraction that is still expected at some point in the future.
- We also found concept art for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at the hotel.
- Check out our video of the Grand Opening Ceremony featuring Spider-Man at Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel.
- We recently discovered a new belt at Disneyland featuring the resort’s “D” logo on a buckle, and now we can happily report that Walt Disney World has received its own version available for purchase.
- Spotted in Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure, we found some new crewneck sweatshirts that are sure to be a hit.
- While browsing inside China Closet at Disneyland, we spotted a new “The Nightmare Before Christmas” Jack Skellington mug that is sure to make your holidays extra frightful.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has confirmed the lead role for the upcoming live-action Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will be played by Rachel Zegler.
WDW News Today
Amazing Spider-Man Suite Room Tour – Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel at Disneyland Paris
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!