We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, June 28, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The interior of Casey’s Corner has been set up to welcome guests back and now the sign for the exterior seating area has been uncovered.
- It was announced today that Walt Disney World Cast Member’s at tomorrow’s Cast Member-only preview of Happily Ever After Fireworks may be in for another treat in the form of our favorite Magic Kingdom hotdog joint.
- The mountain and rocks surrounding Beast’s Castle in Magic Kingdom are receiving a fresh coat of paint.
- The jewel that fell from Cinderella Castle has now been replaced, restoring the castle’s birthday look.
- New lights matching those on Spaceship Earth are being installed inside the Innoventions breezeway at EPCOT.
- All signage for Canada Far and Wide has been completely covered or removed entirely, aside from the large banner arch over the entryway to Le Cellier.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- We’ve noticed several high-touch interactive elements beginning to return to Disney Parks, and when we stopped by Disney’s Animal Kingdom we found another: the Pandora drum circle.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will finally reopen to all guests on July 19, 2021, but the updated Monorail station will not be open yet.
- The latest update in the ongoing construction project at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort includes another fresh step on some old carpet.
- Today, refurbishment has begun on the lobby of Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
- The scheduled refurbishment of the lobby of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa has also begun.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney Parks has shared a TikTok of a Cast Member named Mallory singing her rendition of “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella.
- Disneyland Resort has announced the reopening dates of even more restaurants for July.
- The popular “Shrunken Zombie Head” beverage at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel has had a name change, likely part of the ongoing cultural sensitivity changes.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Quite a bit of attractions are scheduled for their week-long refurbishments through January 2022 and we took a look at the refurbishment schedule.
Disney Cruise Line
- According to the Orlando Sentinel, Disney Cruise Line has delayed its planned cruise on Tuesday due to inconsistent COVID-19 test results.
- Marvel fans will love this super new Mickey ear headband inspired by Captain America, now available in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- A belt with a pearlescent Minnie Mouse bow buckle has joined the collection at Walt Disney World.
- Today, we took a trip out of the parks (off-planet, if you will) to Disney Springs to find the Naboo Spirit Jersey in stock at World of Disney.
- While inside Droid Depot at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we found new accessory panels available in rainbow colors for R-Series droids.
- While checking out the merchandise today inside the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A., we found several new adult t-shirts available starring Walt Disney World and Mickey Mouse.
- Keystone Clothiers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has new Marvel bags, ready for action and adventure.
Entertainment and Media
- A new mid-season sneak peek promises more twists, turns, and mischief in the final three episodes of Loki on Disney+.
WDW News Today
LIVE: Designing new shows at WDW! – Cosmic Reid Live, Ep. 66
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!