Following the success of Loki‘s launch, Wednesdays will now be the primary release day for Disney+ Original Series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The new series from Marvel Studios, which shifted its release from Fridays to Wednesdays, had the most-viewed series premiere ever for the streaming service, according to Disney CEO Bob Chapek.
Unfortunately, this move does come with a slight inconvenience for viewers: several previously announced release dates, listed as Fridays, have been shifted to the following Wednesday. Below is a list of the shows affected:
- Monsters at Work moves from July 2 to July 7
- Turner & Hooch moves from July 16 to July 21
- Behind the Attraction moves from July 16 to July 21
- Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life moves from July 23 to July 28
- Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts moves from July 30 to July 28
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse batch two moves from July 30 to July 28
- Growing Up Animal moves from August 20 to August 18
- Short Circuit season two moves from July 30 to August 4