We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, July 1, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Hello from an overcast and rainy day here at the Magic Kingdom! We had a brief moment of sunshine in the morning long enough to get a few things in before the rain started, during which time we found some things to show you in the latest photo report.
- The pavement work is continuing to move along in Tomorrowland as more of the previous “gear” pavement is replaced with a simple dark grey pavement.
- With fireworks returning to Walt Disney World tonight, Disney seems to be anticipating many guests Park Hopping to Magic Kingdom at 2:00 PM to view “Happily Ever After,” and has set up a queue at the park’s entrance for use later today.
- In its first-ever update, Mickey’s PhilharMagic will soon have a new Coco scene as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations.
- The crane at TRON Lightcycle / Run has been completely taken apart, indicating it is no longer needed for construction.
- Magic Kingdom’s fireworks show, “Happily Ever After”, has returned after a year with no nighttime spectaculars.
- We recently confirmed that the new Space 220 Restaurant was scheduled to open this fall, and now we can report that the new sit-down venue will supposedly officially open on October 1 as part of the 50th anniversary celebration at Walt Disney World Resort.
- The closed half of Plume et Palette in the France Pavilion, which sold Givenchy perfumes and more, had been closed. According to Cast Members, the closed-off area has been cleared out of products.
- “EPCOT Forever” is back: fireworks have returned to Walt Disney World after a year without them.
- Gideon’s Bakehouse‘s Cookie of the Month is a celebrated affair and we grabbed the new and very limited edition July flavor of the month saluting a fruit we are partial to — Florida Key Lime!
- Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew added a new donut to their lineup today, but this one can only be found by looking up.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The 4th of July is just around the corner and we are ready for all the star-spangled treats coming our way, including the new 4th of July Cupcake starring at Capt. Cook’s inside Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The aptly named Tropical Storm Elsa is approaching the islands southeast of Florida, and the cone of uncertainty currently includes Orlando, home to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort.
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf at Walt Disney World is reopening its Summer Course today, July 1 and the Winter Course will be reopening on Saturday, July 3.
- Mickey’s Mix Magic will return to Disneyland Park for the first time since March 2020, but before reintroducing guests to the nighttime spectacular, Disney must test the show. Here’s what we saw during the June 30 test.
- In its first-ever update, Mickey’s PhilharMagic will soon have a new Coco scene, coming July 17.
- The Disneyland Hotel will reopen on July 2, 2021, as will most of its dining locations; However, Disney has confirmed that Steakhouse 55 is permanently closed.
- Disney has also confirmed that PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is permanently closed.
- Ahead of a full reopening tomorrow, Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland Park is holding a soft reopening today.
- Restaurants have been reopening all across Disneyland Resort, and the newest addition to the list is Schmoozies! at Disney California Adventure.
The Walt Disney Company
- A new exhibition entitled “Inspiring Walt Disney: The Animation of French Decorative Arts” is coming to The Met in December 2021.
WDW News Today
Mickey’s Mix Magic Testing at Disneyland
🔴 LIVE The Return Of Happily Ever After
🔴 LIVE The Return Of EPCOT Forever
🟣 Season Finale – Coast To Coast Outside The Bubble – Episode 9
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!