We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, July 17, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Amidst the ongoing refurbishment of the façade of Peter Pan’s Flight at Magic Kingdom, the flags and golden cap decorations have been removed from the attraction’s rooftops.
- New trash cans without flap lids have popped up in World Showcase at EPCOT.
- Check out our EPCOT photo report to see Restaurant Marrakesh Reopen, NEW Figment Annual Passholder MagicBand, Cooling Down with New Joffrey’s Coffees, and more.
- The EPCOT line of the Disney Skyliner is experiencing unexplained downtime once again.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has added a rentable seating area at the Lava Pool.
- Trail’s End Restaurant reopened today at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, and we stopped in to enjoy a hearty breakfast.
- We had a better experience with dinner at Trail’s End, check out our review.
- While the monorail station at the Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort won’t be ready Monday, crews are working hard to make the area around the new porte-cochére look less like an active construction site.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Joffrey’s, a coffee and pastry staple of Walt Disney World, has replaced their paper straws with biodegradable sugarcane straws.
- A former NASA executive used COVID Relief Funds to pay off his Disney Vacation Club balance, and has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- The new “Coco” scene in Mickey’s PhilharMagic debuted today at Disney California Adventure, and you can see it now!
- The new “Coco” scene debuted today at Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris, and Disney has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the first addition to Mickey’s PhilharMagic in almost twenty years.
- Today is the resort’s 66th anniversary, and we’re celebrating with (what else?) a new cupcake.
- Guests can once again stroll through the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough and enjoy the classic tale in Disneyland.
- Part of the limited-time celebration for Disneyland’s Anniversary included a special Celebratory Cavalcade featuring many beloved characters.
- The Sailing Ship Columbia is back in service in Disneyland Park’s Rivers of America.
- A “Toy Story” cavalcade has debuted on the streets of Disney California Adventure.
- Now that the California home of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes is now up and running at the Disneyland Resort, even more Marvel merchandise is hitting the shelves.
- A new Limited Release MagicBand for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure has debuted at The Fantasia Market inside Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- A new youth t-shirt for the upcoming “Jungle Cruise” film has sailed into the Magic Kingdom.
- New merchandise featuring the cutest Jedi this side of the galaxy has now arrived, including a phone case, magnets, and lounge pants.
- A spooktacular surprise awaited us in Port Curios and Curiosities at Disneyland today in the form of some creepy-cool new Haunted Mansion merchandise!
- Ten new Dooney & Bourke bags have arrived at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom.
- An upcoming episode of “Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian” on Disney+ will explore the technology used to bring young Luke Skywalker back to screens.
WDW News Today
Disneyland’s 66th Anniversary Celebratory Cavalcade
🔴LIVE Disneyland’s 66th Anniversary with Tom
NEW Coco Scene in Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Disney California Adventure
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!