We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, July 2, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Trader Sam’s Gift Shop, replacing Trader Sam himself, has been uncovered at the Jungle Cruise in Magic Kingdom.
- The long-closed Plaza Ice Cream Parlour on Main Street, U.S.A., will finally reopen to guests on July 7th, and a few menu updates have occurred.
- Construction around the TRON Lightcycle / Run site in Magic Kingdom continues to move along, with a change to the reentry point to “The Grid.”
- The downpour kept Tinker Bell away from Happily Ever After last night, but fortunately, we had clear skies tonight, and the popular pixie soared over the Magic Kingdom once again.
- Earlier this week, the restrooms east of Spaceship Earth were primed with white paint and now new accent walls have been painted.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Samawati Springs pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village will be closing for an extensive refurbishment in January 2022.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn has reopened to all guests this weekend and Belle Vue Lounge will be reopening at the resort next weekend, on July 11.
- Maya Grill reopened at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort on June 24, marking its return after being closed for more than 15 months, and we stopped by to check it out.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Elsa has strengthened from Tropical Storm to a Hurricane, becoming the first official hurricane of the year.
- Walt Disney World hours have been released from September 11 through September 18 for all theme parks.
- In honor of Black Widow finally hitting theaters and Disney+ this month, Natasha Romanoff herself will be appearing in her new white suit at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure.
- We stopped by Avengers Campus to see Black Widow in her snow suit (as seen in the film’s trailers).
- After a year-long closure, The Disneyland Hotel has finally reopened.
- Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill has reopened with the rest of The Disneyland Hotel this weekend.
- The Disneyland Hotel reopened to guests today, and Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar along with it.
- The Disneyland Hotel has added fresh, new carpeting and flooring to guest rooms and common areas.
- After a soft-open yesterday, Matterhorn Bobsleds has officially reopened to guests at Disneyland.
- Following Walt Disney World’s latest change to promote inclusivity, Disneyland has also removed the “Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls” greeting from Mickey’s Mix Magic, which returns to the park on July 4.
- Tinker Bell is greeting guests once again near her Pixie Hollow home in Disneyland Park.
- It seems like four score and seven years since we last got to visit The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland, but the wait is over: the classic attraction has finally reopened to guests.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The newest addition to the show lineup, Mickey’s Magical Music World, lives up to its name and you can see our full review with photos.
- Disneyland Paris is opening a PCR COVID Test Center starting today in Disney Village for guests who need to have a test before traveling back home.
- To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at The Disneyland Hotel, shopDisney has a brand new limited edition pin.
- A new version of the Slinky Dog ear headband is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Walt Disney World has two new Haunted Mansion ear headbands to add to your collection.
- Disney’s Marvel game remains strong with the release of brand new open edition pins spotted today inside the Emporium at the Magic Kingdom.
The Walt Disney Company
- In an interview with the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions for their publication “Funworld,” Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro discussed the struggles of the last year and the innovations for the future.
WDW News Today
Happily Ever After Returns To The Magic Kingdom – Full Show
EPCOT Forever — Opening Night of Modified Show
Extra Magic Hours for Deluxe Resorts Only, Fireworks Return to Walt Disney World – NewsToday 7/2
LIVE: Reopening of Trader Sam’s and Disneyland Hotel
Welcome To Unplanned Downtime
WDW News Tonight Returns 7/8/21 on NEW Unplanned Downtime Channel
🔴 Boxed In – Tom’s MARVEL-ous Disneyland Paris Haul
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!