We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, July 22, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Hello from a lovely but hot and humid day at the Magic Kingdom! We came to check out what might be new at this classic park, and we found some things to show you in the latest photo report.
- As part of an ongoing refurbishment, scaffolding has been erected on part of the façade of the Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom.
- The entrance sign to meet Ariel in her grotto at the Magic Kingdom has been mysteriously removed.
- Our efforts have paid off, and the portrait of Master Gracey is once again facing left at The Haunted Mansion!
- The new sign at the Jungle Cruise has already received an update and the sign now reads “World-Famous Jungle Cruise Tours.”
- Welcome to a hot, sunny day at EPCOT! Take a trip around with us as we discover what lies in store in a new photo report.
- Part of the Disney Fab 50, Figment’s statue will greet guests at EPCOT, although it has not formally been announced yet.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Cruella has officially stolen the spotlight, as a new movie costume has taken over the display case inside Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Beginning July 31, guests will have even more opportunities to see A Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King in the Harambe Theatre.
- Hello from a sweltering hot Walt Disney World! With a frozen drink from Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea in our hand, we braved the high heat index to see what new things we could find for you at EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the latest photo report.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Hotels in the Disney Springs area are offering special summer savings with vacations starting at only $75 per night.
- Many changes are afoot at Disney’s Contemporary Resort as refurbishments continue; tarps have been removed from the building’s exterior, curtains are up around The Wave… of American Flavors, and the Front Desk has been temporarily relocated to the 2nd floor.
- We stopped by Disney’s Contemporary Resort for a refurbishment update and were surprised to find the new signage prohibiting photography, video recording, and live streaming outside The Wave… of American Flavors.
- At Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, construction walls have been completely removed near the popular DOLE Whip spot, Pineapple Lanai.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Thanks to some Disney touches coming to Orlando International Airport (MCO), travelers will be fully immersed in Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary and “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” as soon as they arrive in Central Florida.
- Various Disney services experienced issues due to a global outage including both My Disney Experience and the Disneyland App.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Every morning, the Mickey & Friends Greeting Parade rolls along the parade route blasting the Club Mouse Beat theme, and Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy greet guests in their show costumes! And the best part? You can see all of this from the comfort of your home, thanks to YouTube!
- Two new Disney Airblown Inflatables by Gemmy are coming soon for the Halloween season: Pumpkin Mickey and the Hitchhiking Ghosts from The Haunted Mansion.
- Mattel Creations has posted a “Pixar Spotlight Series” figure for pre-order featuring everyone’s favorite feathered friend from “Up,” Kevin.
- A new pair of Minnie Mouse ears by BaubleBar is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Spotted inside of Once Upon a Time on Sunset Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we came across a new set of Jibbitz Charms themed to the Disney Parks.
Entertainment and Media
- If you’re a fan of the GRAMMY® Award-winning and chart-topping artist Billie Eilish, get ready: an exclusive concert experience is coming to Disney+ this September.
WDW News Today
- Tonight! You’ve read WDW News Today, so it’s time for WDW News Tonight! Join us at 9PM ET for a recap of the week’s news, the new Lost In Translation game, our ideas for IP overlays of Disney hotels, and more!
- Exclusive “12 Flags Over Epcot” Tee comes to Carousel of Products, plus shop our 20 Years of Adventure in California line and more!
Master Gracey Portrait Permanently Fixed in The Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom
Club Mouse Beat Greeting Parade – Tokyo Disneyland
WDW News Tonight 177 (7/22/21) – More IP in Disney Hotels, Nick Pronounces Foreign Words, Trader Sam
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!