We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, July 29, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The mysterious new structure being built next to TRON Lightcycle / Run at the Magic Kingdom has developed quite a bit since our last visit.
- On the Jungle Cruise, Guests can now see chimpanzees playing with butterflies and taking over a partially-sunken boat.
- To look its best ahead of the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland is currently undergoing a refurbishment and we took a look at the progress today.
- Hello from what started out as a pretty day at EPCOT, but eventually turned into a very wet and stormy day. Before the deluge began, we were able to find some new things to show you in the latest photo report!
- The Coca-Cola carts in World Showcase have begun to show off a new look featuring original pavilion logos.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Construction walls now surround and block from view the lobby of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, which is closed for refurbishment.
- We stopped by Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to check on progress on the new Monorail station, and it is clear that there is still a lot of work to be done.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Give Kids the World has officially announced the return of their hit holiday event, Night of a Million Lights.
- Though the new Jungle Cruise film hasn’t taken over the refurbished Jungle Cruise attractions, easter eggs from the movie can be found in the ride’s queue at Disneyland Park.
- The Disneyland app is introducing several new features, including a digital key that guests can use to unlock their hotel room.
- On Friday, July 30, the new Jungle Cruise boat tiki mugs will be available via mobile order at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar in the Disneyland Hotel.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- If you’re looking to make your Halloween evenings a bit more spooktacular, two new light-up pendants featuring the Attic Bride and Phineas the Hitchhiking Ghost are on their way to Tokyo Disneyland!
- Thanks to WDWNT reader @nicolasbeuckelaers, we can share an update on the ongoing construction for Avengers Campus at Walt Disney Studios Park.
Disney Cruise Line
- In their continuing YouTube series, “Designing the Disney Wish,” Disney has today announced several adults-only areas of the ship.
- A new blue Mickey balloon popcorn bucket has landed at Disneyland Park.
- Direct from a galaxy far, far away comes the newest in the line of big feet plush — Chewbacca from “Star Wars,” who we found in MouseGear at EPCOT.
- The Italy Pavilion in EPCOT has a new collection of apparel and merchandise featuring Minnie Mouse.
Entertainment and Media
- Scarlett Johansson, who plays Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has recently filed a lawsuit against Disney over her most recent outing as the super spy in this month’s “Black Widow.”
- Disney has responded to the lawsuit publicly, calling it “sad and distressing.”
- Marvel Studios announced the release date for “Hawkeye” on Twitter today along with an Entertainment Weekly first look image.
WDW News Today
- Tonight! You’ve read WDW News Today, so it’s time for WDW News Tonight! Join us at 9PM ET for a recap of the week’s news, Disney Death Match, WDWNT: The Dream Sequence – Olympic Edition, a live feed from Magic Kingdom guest relations, rejected “Fab 50” statues, and more!
WDW News Tonight 178 (7/29/21) – Magic Kingdom Guest Relations Live Stream, Disney Death Match
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!