The Disney Parks Blog has posted a new FAQ regarding the new Magic Key Pass program coming to Disneyland Resort on August 25. The Magic Key is the replacement for the former Annual Passholder program. See the new information below.
Where to Purchase a Magic Key Pass
Monthly Payment Options for the Magic Key Pass
Eligible California residents can select a monthly payment plan for the Magic Key pass. More information about monthly payments will be available when the program launches on August 25.
Upgrading Existing Theme Park Tickets to a Magic Key
Most theme park tickets can be upgraded. This includes partially-used tickets before their expiration dates.
“Fully used, or partially used and expired, theme park admission media, complimentary ticket media, special event ticket media, and ticket media stating its ineligibility for an upgrade (such as the California Resident promotional ticket) may not be upgraded to a Magic Key pass,” said the Disney Parks Blog.
How to Upgrade Existing Theme Park Tickets
Partially used, valid tickets can be upgraded on the Disneyland app.
Magic Key Pass Park Reservations
Within a 90-day window, each pass type may hold the following number of park reservations:
- Imagine: Two park reservations
- Enchant: Four park reservations
- Believe: Six park reservatons
- Dream: Six park reservatons
Guests can make a new reservation once they enter a park during one of their reserved days or cancel a reservation on time. Park reservations may be made for one or both parks, subject to availability. Reservations are limited.
Guests with a valid Magic Key Pass will follow the steps below to secure a park reservation.
- Visit the theme park reservations page on Disneyland.com or the Disneyland app to start the reservation process.
- Select the date that you wish to visit from the available theme park reservation dates. You can make reservations for one park, or both, depending on park availability for that selected date.
- If you will be visiting both parks, you must select a starting park in which to begin your day. You may cross over and switch between parks beginning at 1 p.m. that day, subject to capacity. If you arrive after 1 p.m., you may start your visit at either park.
- After making your selection, review and confirm your reservations details.
- Tip: If you’re planning to visit with friends and family, you can add their theme park admission to your account to make theme park reservations as a group!
If your Magic Key theme park reservation is for both parks, it will only count as one reservation.