We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, August 1, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- EPCOT’s new flagship store, Creations Shop, as well as the new Club Cool location, are set to open this summer, so construction has been moving quickly in the park’s World Celebration neighborhood.
- We may not have an opening date for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, an indoor roller coaster coming to EPCOT, but construction plugs along.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The first plots have been cleared of grass and plants for the Disney Fab 50 gold character statues coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Visitors to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be glad to know there is another quick-service dining option now that Catalina Eddie’s has reopened.
- Nighttime spectaculars have returned to Disney’s Hollywood Studios with tonight’s showing of Wonderful World of Animation.
- We’ve been seeing a lot of refurbishments as we approach October 1, the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, and now Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has begun to receive fresh coats of paint.
- It’s a new month, so there’s a new limited-edition cookie available at Gideon’s Bakehouse in Disney Springs; August’s cookie of the month is The Rocky Road.
- Gideon’s is debuting an evening exclusive Dark Coffee Cake Cookie, which will be available this month at sunset until it sells out (or the bakehouse closes).
- The Ganachery at Disney Springs has a brand-new Jungle Cruise-inspired piñata, a specialty chocolate treat that guests get to break open before eating.
- To celebrate Spider-Man Day on August 1 and the upcoming premiere of “Spidey and his Amazing Friends”, a new photo wall has swung into Disney California Adventure.
- Two new Disney nuiMOs posable plush characters will be available on shopDisney.com and at Disney Parks on Monday, August 2.
- New Marvel collectible keys are now available on shopDisney!
- Today is Spider-Man day, and we were happy to see two new t-shirts featuring the friendly neighborhood superhero at Keystone Clothiers in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” debuted at #1 its opening weekend after coming out on Friday, July 30.
WDW News Today
- WATCH PARKSCENTER — Masks Return, Galactic Starcruiser News, and Disney World Reopening: One Year Later!
3 Bedroom Grand Villa Room Tour – Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Wonderful World of Animation Nighttime Spectacular Return – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Masks Return, Galactic Starcruiser News and Disney World Reopening: 1 Year Later! – ParksCenter
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!