We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, August 12, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- It has been three weeks since scaffolding went up around the mountainside and eventually the castle at Be Our Guest Restaurant, and now painting has finally begun.
- It appears that Adventureland is next up for a replacement as a strip of pavement has been pulled up and replaced in front of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
- The Main Street Train Station has been undergoing its refurbishment for the last year and more scrim has now been removed.
- This afternoon, Disney Parks Blog took to Instagram to share the latest Disney Fab 50 statue coming to the Magic Kingdom — Chip and Dale.
- Since our last construction update, a stretch of pavement has been laid outside Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind in EPCOT.
- To promote the film, Disney has parked a “Free Guy” coffee truck just outside the entrance to the AMC Disney Springs West Side.
Other Walt Disney World News
- According to a report from the Orlando Sentinel, there has been a COVID-19 outbreak at Walt Disney World’s local Reedy Creek Fire Department, but first responders are not receiving support.
- In February 2022, from the 24 through the 27, Walt Disney World will host the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, and general registration will open on August 24 at 10 a.m. ET.
- Disney is doing their part to combat reselling by imposing a lower limit on sales per guest.
- The 50th anniversary of Magic Kingdom is less than two months away and the first merchandise collection for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” has just been released.
- A set of Limited Edition 3000 pins features recreations of Walt Disney World postcards from years gone by.
Entertainment and Media
- Though Disney+ subscriber growth reportedly stalled this year, it has now reached 116 million subscribers, surpassing the expected 113 million.
- On this afternoon’s Q3 2021 earnings call, Disney CEO Bob Chapek announced that November 12 will be Disney+ day.
The Walt Disney Company
- In the Q3 earnings call this afternoon, the company announced a $17.02 billion revenue, higher than the expected revenue of $16.76 billion.
- In today’s Q3 earnings call, Disney CEO Bob Chapek said, “Guests will spend less time in line and more time having fun,” while using the upcoming Disney Genie app, which will offer the company “substantial commercial opportunities.”
- While the international parks posted a loss, the U.S. parks saw the first profitable quarter since the pandemic began in 2020.
WDW News Today
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (8/12/21): 483rd Birthday Celebration of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (S.E.A.), The Map Game, Liquid Magic, and More
WDW News Tonight – Episode 180 – S.E.A. 483rd Birthday Special, Map Game, Liquid Magic!
Our Panel Gives First Reactions and Full Review of Marvel’s ‘What If…?’ – Deep in the Plus: Episodes
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!