We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, August 13, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will be returning for “Disney Very Merriest After Hours.”
- The Space 220 restaurant at EPCOT will open sometime in mid-September.
- Disney Parks Blog shared a preview of the soundtrack for EPCOT’s “Harmonious”
- Walt Disney Imagineer and music producer Yaron Spiwak shared another look at behind-the-scenes work on the soundtrack for ‘Harmonious.’
- Crew members were working in the breezeway of the old Innovations building to cover up the old blue paint with the new white color.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Previously scheduled to open on September 1, the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve hotel will now be opening in late September.
- At Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, a decorative back panel was added to the monorail station that is currently under construction.
- More extended evening hours in the evenings at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom were announced for guests at Deluxe Resort Hotels, Deluxe Villas, and other select hotels.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The new theme song for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World has been released.
- Figment has been confirmed to be a member of the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection.
- The new Cirque du Soleil show “Drawn to Life” is set to debut on November 18, 2021 at Disney Springs.
- Disney released new theme park hours through October 30.
- We got a sneak peek at the Tenaya Stone Spa, set to open September 16 at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Adorable “Ghosts Enjoying the Parks” merchandise line materializing September 14th at Tokyo Disney Resort.
Entertainment and Media
- Emma Stone has been confirmed to return for a sequel to Cruella.
- Disney+ announced an upcoming reboot/sequel of the holiday classic, “Home Alone,” called ‘Home Sweet Home Alone.’
The Walt Disney Company
- A Florida man was arrested for sending threating tweets to executives of the Walt Disney Company.
WDW News Today
Disney Parks Profitable For First Time Since COVID-19, Tom Dressed Like an Idiot – NewsToday 8/13
Boxed In: 🔴 Live: Opening WDW 50th Anniversary Merchandise
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!