We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, August 16, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Outside the entrance to the Magic Kingdom, we were greeted by a set of banners celebrating the 50th anniversary, which will take place on October 1.
- Tortuga Tavern reopened and debuted an updated menu with imports from other restaurants around the park, including the delicious Peanut Butter, Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, and Banana Sandwich from Aunt Polly’s.
- Michael James Scott, who plays the Genie in the “Aladdin” Broadway production, announced that Abu will join the Disney Fab 50 character statue collection.
- Walt Disney World is working to bring the Candlelight Processional back in a modified format for the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays later this year.
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros just can’t catch a break. Now, the Donald Duck Audio-Animatronic has malfunctioned again.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- In an unprecedented situation, guests were allowed to enter the standby line of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance on Sunday night without a boarding group for the first time.
- The NBA Experience will not reopen at Disney Springs. Disney will continue to partner with the NBA in other endeavors, but the venue will remain shuttered.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is set to reopen soon, with Boma – Flavors of Africa, leading the way on August 20th. And when it does reopen, it will be the first restaurant to offer a full buffet since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This week, the original menu at ‘Ohana in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is reportedly set to return. The shrimp casserole will disappear, and the skewers will return.
- The Beaches & Cream To Go ice cream window has finally reopened at Disney’s Beach Club Resort after temporarily closing in December 2020.
- The classic Patty Melt has finally made a return to Beaches and Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has announced that the Disney Fantasy will resume sailing on September 11.
- We now have more information about the New Year’s Eve party at Disneyland Paris, while ticket sales have begun.
- If you’re looking for the perfect accessory for the spookiest time of the year, a new Disney Parks Harveys Halloween collection has arrived at the Magic Kingdom.
- Get your nuiMOs ready for Halloween with spooky new outfits, plus new “Nightmare Before Christmas” Jack Skellington and Sally plush coming soon to shopDisney and Disney Parks.
- Disney Parks Blog released a sneak peek of their new Halloween collection coming to Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and shopDisney in the coming weeks.
- Disney also announced a new “Coco” collection coming to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and shopDisney in September.
- Disney introduced Adaptive kids’ costumes and wheelchair sets last year, but they have now launched a new line including beloved characters from the Star Wars and Marvel franchises.
- A new line of Dooney & Bourke bags and wallet have arrived in Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories at Disney Springs. This collection features Mickey Mouse as he tours the icons and landmarks of Chicago.
- What better way to help get you in the spooky season spirit than with a collection of Halloween merchandise? Now we’ve found a new Limited Release MagicBand to tie the whole outfit together.
WDW News Today
Refurbished Donald Duck Animatronic Malfunctioning at Gran Fiesta Tour in EPCOT
NBA Experience Closed Forever, Rise of the Resistance Opened Standby – NewsToday 8/16
Trying Bread Service at Sanaa | Picky Eaters – Episode 10
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!