We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, August 20, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Breakfast is returning to Cinderella’s Royal Table on August 27.
- Buffet service will return to Crystal Palace in September.
- “Disney Enchantment” fireworks will focus on recent Disney animated films instead of celebrating Walt Disney World’s legacy.
- The exterior of Beast’s Castle above Be Our Guest continues to be spruced up at the Magic Kingdom.
- Signs for the Florida Blue Lounge are up at Restaurant Akershus in EPCOT’s Norway Pavilion, so Disney Princess dining may not be returning.
- Buffet service will return to Biergarten Restaurant in the Germany Pavilion at the end of the month.
- Two new chef’s choice donuts have arrived at The Donut Box at the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival: passion fruit-coconut and apple crumble.
- After 50th-anniversary banners were hung outside Magic Kingdom earlier this week, more are being installed outside EPCOT.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Being the scourge of First Order ships must be exhausting because legendary pirate Hondo Ohnaka just Ohnaka-ed out mid sentence at “Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run” in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Boarding groups for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance were still available in the late afternoon.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Dory and Nemo will be part of the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection, with their gold statue located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Read our review from the return of the breakfast buffet at Boma – Flavors of Africa in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Biometric finger scans may be returning to Walt Disney World theme parks soon after they were reportedly tested at Blizzard Beach today.
- Operating hours were extended on select days in September for Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The brand-new Steakhouse 71 will replace The Wave… of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Foldaway beds are coming soon to Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, as well as to The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Disney announced further details about the special 50th anniversary dining experience coming to California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- The mayor of the City of Orlando, Buddy Dyer, is asking all residents to reduce their water consumption immediately in an effort to avoid a crisis.
- We returned to Boma – Flavors of Africa in the evening for dinner.
- With “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” kicking off in a matter of weeks, you can keep the party going throughout 2022 with the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Poster Calendar!
- The latest EPCOT serigraph poster now available on shopDisney celebrates the Mexico Pavilion attraction, Gran Fiesta Tour.
- Check out this new Mickey balloon popcorn bucket scented Loungefly mini backpack.
- A new collection of merchandise was released for Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- The Hatbox Ghost is featured on this new flannel hoodie.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort has extended their reduced hours and alcohol suspensin through September 12 amid Japan’s State of Emergency.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney announced today that new episodes of the hit Disney+ series, “Behind the Attraction,” are on the way.
The Walt Disney Company
- Walt Disney Imagineers released footage of Projext Exo’s character exoskeleton suits in action.
WDW News Today
Paid FastPass Most Disliked Disney Video Ever, Groot & Hulk Coming to Disney Parks – NewsToday 8/20
Tom’s Reaction to Paid FastPass
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!