We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, August 21, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- A recent update to the park hours calendar shows the Magic Kingdom open until 9 p.m. on September 11, and now a Happily Ever After showtime has been scheduled for 8:15 p.m.
- As we approach the 50th anniversary of Magic Kingdom, the boardwalk replacement continues in Frontierland.
- Repainting continues at the interior façade of “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom.
- Take a look at our photo report where today we ventured through Magic Kingdom, there were definitely lots of surprises in store!
- Today a malfunctioning Ariel animatronic was spotted inside Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley has taken once again to Instagram to sneak a peek behind the scenes of his latest project, Space 220 Restaurant.
- Join us in our EPCOT Photo Report as we journey around the world and discover just what adventures await us today.
- The Crepes des Chefs de France kiosk has been removed ahead of the opening of La Crêperie de Paris in the expansion area.
- Swim on over to the Turtle Talk Theater because Crush is back!
- After reopening for walk-in service last month, Nine Dragons Restaurant is now taking advance dining reservations!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney has begun to repair the unsightly damage inside the queue for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway by painting over the spots where the wall decal has been picked away.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- If you’ve been craving a bite from Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you’re in luck because the counter-service eatery will reopen to guests beginning Sunday, August 29th.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Construction of the new Walt Disney World Monorail station has been moving along steadily at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, with new elements being installed seemingly every day.
- After our visit to Boma – Flavors of Africa for dinner tonight, we noticed that Victoria Falls Lounge at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge had reopened.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Monorail Silver has lost power on the EPCOT Monorail line while en route to the Transportation and Ticket Center.
- Walt Disney World will be hosting more COVID-19 vaccination events for Cast Members, friends, and family- starting today.
- If you’re planning to visit a Walt Disney World theme park for Halloween, hours have now been released.
- Banners for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World were recently installed outside both EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom, but today, we had our first sighting of banners inside the park.
- Disney has confirmed to travel agents that guests will be able to purchase the Genie+ service beginning at midnight on the day they visit to a Walt Disney World theme park
- Operating hours have been released for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure from September 12 through October 3.
- Part of the “Beauty and the Beast” collection, a new MagicBand debuted at Pin Traders this morning.
Entertainment and Media
- In the latest update on the ongoing lawsuit by Scarlett Johansson against Disney, the media conglomerate has filed a motion that would force the lawsuit into private arbitration.
- Johansson has fired back via her attorney, John Berlinski, accusing Disney of “trying to hide its misconduct.”
WDW News Today
Turtle Talk with Crush Returns at EPCOT
Gran Destino Tower Deluxe Suite Room Tour – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!