We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The world-famous Jungle Cruise sign proudly proclaims their fame with updated verbiage and a decorative border.
- Last night’s Disney After Hours Boo Bash attendees received an email from Disney after the cancellation of the night’s entertainment offerings.
- Jungle green pavement is returning to Adventureland in Magic Kingdom, as one of many pavement replacement efforts going on ahead of the park’s 50th anniversary.
- More sections of the “it’s a small world” façade in Magic Kingdom have been repainted with fresh new colors.
- After resuming at Disney’s Animal Kingdom this week, finger scanning is now back at EPCOT.
- The Land pavilion has a special cupcake inspired by our two favorite princesses of Arendelle: Anna and Elsa.
- We learned that Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure boarding groups will be available at 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. via the My Disney Experience app.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Biometric finger scanning has resumed at the entrances to EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and now Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney has filed a permit for “general construction” at the site of Primeval Whirl in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which permanently closed over a year ago.
- Guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom can try the new limited time Pocahontas mousse now available at Creature Comforts (Starbucks).
- Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs is known for its eccentric decor and creative confectionaries, some of which rotate monthly. We stopped in to try August’s limited edition Rocky Road cake and the new Cookie Bite flavor, Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The refurbishment of Cinema Hall, the lobby of Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, is now partially complete.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has replenished their Park Pass availability once again, and theme park ticket holders and resort hotel guests can book any theme park for the 50th anniversary on October 1.
- After reaching agreements with unions requiring Cast Members to be vaccinated, Disney has announced multiple vaccine events for Cast in the next two weeks.
- According to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Florida Hospital Association, Florida reported 26,203 new COVID-19 cases yesterday, August 24.
- We haven’t been over to Disneyland in a couple of weeks, so it was high time to check in on some things at The Happiest Place on Earth. Join us in the latest photo report!
- The Dapper Dans are finally returning to Disneyland on September 3.
- Today, Magic Key membership went on sale for the first time.
- Magic Key sales opened at 10:15 a.m. today to much anticipation and upon entry into the virtual waiting room, the wait immediately shot up to “more than an hour.”
- One detail may throw a wrench in the plans of some visiting guests: even when staying in an on-site hotel, Magic Key holders are still restricted to the number of park reservations allotted to their pass level.
- With the entrance to Disney California Adventure already getting spruced up for the upcoming Oogie Boogie Bash, it looks like the Esplanade between the parks is now being focused on.
- While Oogie Boogie is making his presence known at the entrance to Disney California Adventure, our vehicular buddies in Cars Land are getting ready for Haul-O-Ween season as well!
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The Oriental Land Company is choosing to only operate the vast majority of attractions at Tokyo Disneyland after 12:00pm, two hours after the park’s current opening time.
- The elusive soundtrack to Soarin’ Around the World, known as Soaring: Fantastic Flight here in Japan, will be released for the first time as part of a commemorative album!
- A new skirt by The Dress Shop featuring Minnie Mouse is now available in the Italy Pavilion of EPCOT.
- A new “Alice in Wonderland” collection inspired by the artwork of Mary Blair is now available at Disneyland to celebrate the film’s 70th anniversary.
- Disneyland Resort has a new Mickey Mouse artist series of apparel designed by the official voice of the mouse himself: Bret Iwan.
- Today at 20th Century Music Company on Main Street, U.S.A., we found many of the D-Flair pin sets had arrived at Disneyland, including some of the meme and 1980s-themed sets.
WDW News Today
Magic Kingdom DJ Pulled After Complaints, New Princess and the Frog Ride Details – NewsToday 8/23
Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah Stateroom Tour – Disney Dream, Disney Cruise Line
Animal Kingdom Goes Wild and Tiki Room Under New Management – Timekeeping #29 – 1998
Spider-man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer Breakdown | GK
From Ride to Movie & Beyond! Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl – Deep in the Plus
Ink & Paint – How Do You Do the Parks
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!