We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, August 28, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- A temporary stage was erected around the famous Partners statue in front of Cinderella Castle for 50th Anniversary promotional filming.
- The work on the Frontierland boardwalk for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary, continued to progress.
- We took you along for another “Best Day Ever” at the Magic Kingdom and abroad in our Photo Report.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve has delayed their opening again to mid-October.
- We excitedly reported that Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Great Ceremonial House Entrance water feature survived the makeover, along with themed lighting for the monorail station.
- In a special review, we took a look at Valentine’s Day dinner at Todd English’s Bluezoo, located in the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel.
Other Walt Disney World News
- In a curious change of pace, Walt Disney World started releasing operating hours one day at a time.
- Walt Disney World has now updated their calendar to include operating hours through November 7.
- New Tinker Bell lighting fixtures with crystal stars appeared in the Disneyland Park hub.
- Our west coast brethren at Disneyland will now also get to enjoy new contactless scanners, previously only at Walt Disney World, when entering the resort area through the Downtown Disney District.
- Time to get excited for Halloween season at Disney California Adventure with the arrival of more decorations in Cars Land!
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line shared new details for “Swiss Meltdown,” a second adventure on their first attraction at Sea, the AquaMouse, coming to the Disney Wish.
The Walt Disney Company
- Following up on a previous story, we brought you more news about Tavistock’s continued development of the Lake Nona office park project rumored to be for Disney and how they hired Turner Construction to carry out the project.
- Along with the previous release of the new Mary Blair “Alice In Wonderland” collection, a tumbler has been included in the line.
- Bret Iwan, the official voice of Mickey Mouse, debuted two new backpacks from the Artist Series.
- Another addition to the Artist Series was the collection of Nanako Kanemitsu with backpacks and apparel.
- The Minnie Ear collection keeps on growing with the debut of “The Nightmare Before Christmas” Funko POP! edition by Loungefly.
- Now brewing at the Market House along with the coffee, Starbucks debuted their new “Been There” series Pin Drop Collection Canvas Tote bag on Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney+ released the trailer and poster for their upcoming new series “Dug Days” based on the characters from the Pixar film, “Up.”
- In a new and exciting piece of technology, Disney+ users can now add on-screen ASL signing for free to select animated films.
WDW News Today
LIVE: Wake Up to Magic!
The Bootstrappers Return to Disneyland
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!