We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Good morning and welcome to a rainy day at Walt Disney World! Some cloudy skies aren’t going to stop us, so get ready to explore Magic Kingdom with us today in the latest photo report.
- The scrim on the Main Street Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad started to come down in earnest a few weeks ago, but now is mostly removed.
- Cool Ship at Magic Kingdom has reopened after a refurbishment earlier this year.
- The next Disney Fab 50 character to be announced is Donald Duck.
- Construction walls and tarps cover much of the Frontierland boardwalk in Magic Kingdom as the area is refurbished ahead of the park’s 50th anniversary.
- It’s hard to tell what’s faster: the speed guests will be racing around the grid when TRON Lightcycle / Run opens at the Magic Kingdom, or how quickly the mysterious new structure rising nearby is being built!
- With the fiftieth anniversary of Walt Disney World less than two months away, work is ramping up to get the parks ready for the Disney Fab 50 collection of character statues and space has been cleared in the planters as guests enter World Showcase Plaza.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- With Disney KiteTails about two months from opening, work has moved along steadily to prepare the Discovery River Amphitheater for this new daytime spectacular.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- As was announced earlier this year, Mears Connect will begin offering bus transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World area hotels on January 1, 2022, after Disney’s Magical Express retires.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney has released the first trailer for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, a two-night immersive hotel adventure at Walt Disney World.
- Disney has now announced the full array of dining that will be available aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcrusier hotel, including an add-on Captain’s Table dining experience.
- While Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance still requires guests to obtain a Boarding Group to ride the newest attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, it seems guests staying aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will have guaranteed access, and likely even a shorter wait to ride.
- Though each guest’s experience on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will vary depending on the choices they make, we can now view a sample itinerary for an idea of what the two-night journey might look like.
- With the first commercial for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, Disney has also released pricing for a voyage in the immersive hotel.
- We also now know the age limit for lightsaber training aboard the voyage on the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- Three Walt Disney World Cast Members and fourteen others have been arrested in a six-day undercover child predator sting by Central Florida authorities.
- More restaurants and dining experiences are reopening soon at Disneyland Resort.
Disney Cruise Line
- Freeform is giving “grown-ish” fans a chance to win a 3-night cruise for four aboard Disney Cruise Line’s brand-new Disney Wish ship.
- You can “have a ball” with this new Madame Leota charm by Pandora, now available in Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom.
- At Hot Topic, fans can find a new The Haunted Mansion Loungefly collection, including a mini backpack, satchel, wallet, and crossbody bag.
- New Wishables plush for Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room have flown into Walt Disney World.
- The stork has brought an adorable new Disney Babies plush of Dante from Pixar’s “Coco” to Walt Disney World.
The Walt Disney Company
- Walt Disney Animation Studios announced today that a new location in Vancouver, Canada, will be taking over the production of long-term Disney+ series, while the Burbank, California location focuses on feature films.
WDW News Today
Insane Prices for Star Wars:Galactic Starcruiser Hotel, Disneyland Magic Key Revealed -NewsToday 8/4
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!