We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, August 5, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The Walter E. Disney train of the Walt Disney World Railroad was seen backing into the maintenance garage backstage at Walt Disney World today.
- After being closed for a year and a half, Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square has finally reopened.
- The Mad Hatter is joining the Cheshire Cat in the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
- After closing during the parks shutdown of 2020, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor has finally reopened to the public today.
- Progress is moving along quickly on the new metal structure near TRON Lightcycle Run in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom.
- The Disney Vacation Club preview dates for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure are September 5, 17, and 20, and eligible members with stays on those dates have been contacted with registration information.
- For those looking for something new, there is a secret drink for Annual Passholders only at Joffrey’s Coffee kiosks in EPCOT.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- In addition to tonight’s reopening of Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crew’s Cup Lounge has also reopened at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- As the interior of Disney’s Contemporary Resort continues to be reimagined with Incredibles-themed rooms and an updated lobby, tarps have once again been hung on the exterior of the hotel.
- A new pre-arrival exclusive MagicBand is now available for Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
- As we reported earlier, Yachtsman Steakhouse has reopened at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and we stopped by for dinner; check out our review to see how it fared!
Other Walt Disney World News
- With the amazing innovations of Walt Disney Imagineering, perhaps the idea of space travel doesn’t seem too farfetched. Alas, we’re here to break it to you that Disney has confirmed the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser does not actually take you to space.
- The White House is developing a plan to require most foreign travelers to the U.S.A. to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Walt Disney World is looking for new Monorail and Disney Skyliner Cast Members as theme park capacity increases and transportation gets busier.
- Orange County, Florida Mayor Jerry Demings has extended the state of emergency he declared a week ago for another seven days.
Disney Cruise Line
- Philip Gennotte, portfolio project management executive for Walt Disney Imagineering Germany, shared an inside look at the construction of Disney Cruise Line’s new ship, the Disney Wish.
- Loungefly has revealed the newest Disney collection coming soon for the spookiest time of the year: a line of Halloween-themed backpacks and ear headbands.
The Walt Disney Company
- With the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World looming on the horizon in October, this is the perfect time for Disney twenty-three magazine to feature the celebration prominently.
WDW News Today
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (8/5/21): Riding Mission: SPACE After Drinking Around the World, Biggest Tokyo Disney Unboxing EVER, Bad Orlando Billboards, and More!
WDW News Tonight is BACK on the WDW News Today Channel!
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Reopens at the Magic Kingdom
WDW News Tonight – Episode 179 – Man vs Park
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!