We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 31, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- For the first time in two years, “Fantasy in the Sky” has returned to the skies above the Magic Kingdom for New Year’s Eve, and of course we were there for its return performance.
- Magic Kingdom hours have been extended on some days in mid-January.
- Artist Jason Peltz has announced his signing schedule for the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure suffered some extended downtime today, and as a result, virtual queue return times were not distributed at 1:00 p.m.
- Artist Dave Perillo has revealed the third of four pieces that he will debut at the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster remains closed today after it did not open yesterday and the day before due to technical difficulties.
- After almost three full days of unexpected downtime, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith reopened this evening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Hours have been extended on three days in January for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Disney Springs has announced Wellness Wednesdays and Fitness Fridays, plus healthy food options and offerings for the month of January 2022.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Florida has once again shattered its COVID-19 case records with 75,962 new cases reported today, December 31, 2021.
- The victims of the latest cost-saving effort are the paper hats and noisemakers typically given to all park guests on New Year’s Eve.
- The Christopher Brothers announced on social media that they will be performing tonight at Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- It was our third year covering the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic and the place Where Adventure and Imagination Set Sail, so let’s look back on what 2021 brought to us from Tokyo Disney Resort.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has now extended its “Cruise Date Flexibility” offer through May 31, 2022.
- A colorful new Spirit Jersey is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- “The Book of Boba Fett” has premiered on Disney+, and fans can now get merchandise for the show at Disneyland Resort.
- A new Disneyland baseball jersey has arrived at the resort.
- While on our latest visit to the Star Wars Trading Post at Downtown Disney District, we found a new “Star Wars” Death Star polo shirt available.
Entertainment and Media
- Betty White, Disney Legend and beloved television star, has died at age 99.
The Walt Disney Company
- After spending some time at Walt Disney World, Bob Iger tweeted this morning to commemorate his final day with ABC and The Walt Disney Company.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow! From all of us at WDWNT, we wish you a safe and happy New Year!