We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, December 25 and Sunday, December 26, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- A teenager with Autism lead the Main Street Philharmonic during the Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade.
- Our December 22 photo report from the Magic Kingdom takes us through the daytime debut of Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, Wishables, a new Dole Whip float, and more!
- Meanwhile our Christmas Eve photo report talks about the removal of Disney’s Magical Express signage, new Mickey Waffle-themed Minnie ears, and more!
- Extended Evening Hours have been posted for Deluxe Resort guests at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT through March 2.
- Two years after their first installations at other parks, themed digital tip boards have finally been installed at EPCOT.
- We got to savor a special 50th Anniversary key lime pie dessert at Coral Reef Restaurant today and wrote a review about it.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A notoriously problematic fire door in the queue of Toy Story Mania has been replaced by a new themed wall.
- Also at Toy Story Mania, a themed refrigerator with drinks has been added to the exit gift shop.
- Our latest photo report from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT highlights the onslaught of holiday crowds and plenty of new merchandise!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney carefully avoided any mention of the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel during the Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Park hours are now available for all four Walt Disney World theme parks through March 6.
- Florida broke its record on Christmas Day for daily new cases of COVID-19.
- Half a year after its return announcement, the Disney Dining Plan still remains missing at Walt Disney World.
- The Cast Member entrance to the Transportation and Ticket Center has finally been paved.
- Although it was never used, the “Single Rider” line signage has been removed from WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at Disney California Adventure.
- If you’re an Alice in Wonderland fan, you won’t want to miss a new MagicBand available at EPCOT.
- Orange Bird fans can get in on the fun too with a special 2022 Passholder MagicBand at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Droid fans rejoice, a new figure set of droids from “The Mandalorian” has landed at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Today’s merchandise roundup takes us through a 50th Anniversary paperweight, new Disney Park Pals additions, and more.
- A new Christmas shirt with the words “Sleigh Whaaat?” has arrived a bit late at the Disneyland Resort.
The Walt Disney Company
- In spite of the pandemic, “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has become the third-biggest Christmas Day box office grosser of all time.
- Bob Iger sent a personal message of congratulations to Tom Holland on the smash success of “Spider-Man: No Way Home”.
Other Disney News
- Walt Disney Imagineering currently has a number of positions open for a summer 2022 internship.
WDW News Today
🔴 LIVE Christmas at Hollywood Studios with Tom
🔴 LIVE The Candlelight Processional at EPCOT with Tom
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!