We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, December 23, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Ariel began making appearances today as a “visiting princess” at Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland.
- Artist Dave Perillo previewed two art pieces coming to the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, themed to Maelstrom and the Orange Bird.
- Also previewing new art are Jeff Granito and Caley Hicks, with tiki and Disney Park character-themed art respectively.
- Holiday decor has been integrated into several tanks at The Seas with Nemo & Friends just days before Christmas!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Park hours have been extended at both Disney’s Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom from January 10-15.
- Satu’li Canteen has brought back its delicious White Chocolate Peppermint Cream Cheese Mousse, so we popped over to Pandora to give it a try.
Other Walt Disney World News
- As today is Festivus, we’ve compiled our Airing of Grievances about Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
- Disney today gave a behind-the-scenes look at the production of this year’s Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade special.
- Construction on the Cast Member entrance to the Transportation and Ticket Center is nearing completion.
- The charity “Genie Wish Pass” has been renamed to the “Disney Wishes Pass” at Walt Disney World.
- Cases of COVID-19 have skyrocketed in Florida by 415% since last week as the Omicron variant takes hold around the world.
- The structure for the El CapiTOON Theater, future home of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland Park, is taking shape.
- Lovepop, purveyor of 3D paper art greeting cards, has opened its doors in the Downtown Disney District.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort has posted its refurbishment calendar through June 2022, including refurbishments on Journey to the Center of the Earth, Splash Mountain, and more.
- Disneyland Paris suddenly cancelled its New Year’s Eve party this morning as cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 skyrocket in Europe.
- shopDisney released a new set of blind box figures this morning themed to the Fab 50 statues around Walt Disney World.
- A new crossbody bag themed to the Walt Disney World Railroad pulled in to Disney Springs today.
- If you were curious about that $500 Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary box sold on shopDisney, we did an unboxing video on it.
- Get ready to ring in the new year at Walt Disney World with a pair of 2022 glowing ears!
- Our merchandise roundup also features new Robin Hood lounge pants, a Harmonious pin, an alebrije shoulder plush from “Coco”, and much more.
- The pink sequined Spirit Jersey has come to Disneyland, of course without the 50 logo on the front.
- New 2022 dated merchandise including pins, ornaments, and more have arrived at the Disneyland Resort.
- Also new at the Disneyland Resort is two new knit sweaters themed to Mickey Mouse and the Black Panther.
- If you’re looking to keep your feet warm this winter, a new pair of Walt’s Holiday Lodge fuzzy slippers at the Disneyland Resort may just do the trick.
- Pin sets themed to “Lady and the Tramp”, Disney’s feathered friends, and “I’m Here for…” have arrived at the Disneyland Resort.
WDW News Today
- WDWNT is currently hiring a Social Media Specialist.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!