We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, December 28, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment will soon be approaching 20 years at EPCOT with no replacement in sight.
- Living With the Land and Mission: SPACE were both down at EPCOT this morning, leading to long lines at other attractions as Lightning Lane access was quickly selling out.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Part of the old site of Primeval Whirl in Dinoland U.S.A. at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has reopened as stroller parking.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park at Walt Disney World Resort is now officially set to reopen on January 2, 2022, along with some new DOLE Whip, 50th anniversary treats, and menu changes.
- Walt Disney World has released more details about new year’s eve celebrations at EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Yesterday, December 27, Orange County, Florida had a COVID-19 positivity rate of 45%.
- The Disney College Program is reportedly experiencing an outbreak of the COVID-19 Omicron variant, causing some Cast Members to be quarantined.
- Walt Disney World Resort has adjusted its COVID-19 quarantine policy, following the most recent adjustment to CDC guidelines.
- A “belligerent guest situation” occurred at The Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland Park. At first, the guest was believed to have been armed with a weapon and threatening cast members. It was later confirmed the guest was unarmed and the situation was resolved by Disneyland management.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Construction on the nearly $2 billion Fantasy Springs project at Tokyo DisneySea rages on as we march toward its fiscal year 2023 opening, and there’s quite a bit of new developments on the site, from scaffolds coming down on sections of the unnamed Fantasy Springs Hotel to new structures erected, and even the first props installed on the site.
- According to DLP Report, a document from union UNSA states that Disneyland Paris currently has no plans to close again, despite the latest COVID-19 surges.
Disney Cruise Line
- The CDC is investigating or observing 86 cruise ships after COVID-19 outbreaks, including all four Disney Cruise Line ships.
- D23 has revealed their 2022 gold membership gift collector set, which has an “around the world” theme.
- Earlier this month, a railroad-inspired dress was released on shopDisney to match the recently released golden clock bags. The dress came in both a Walt Disney World and Disneyland version. The dress is now available at Walt Disney World, but interestingly we only found the Disneyland version.
- Both the sequined Walt Disney World Spirit Jersey and the generic one have been removed from shopDisney.
- On Twitter, shopDisney has teased a “big announcement” coming tomorrow.
- Three new MagicBands have arrived at Walt Disney World this week, including two featuring Minnie Mouse.
Entertainment and Media
- Multiple sources report that Sony is looking to cast Anya Taylor-Joy (“The Queen’s Gambit”) as Felicia Hardy a.k.a. Black Cat in a future film.
WDW News Today
- Watch tonight’s episode of TIMEKEEPING!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!