We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, December 29, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The last few golden eagles have finally been refurbished and replaced aboard Prince Charming Regal Carrousel after a long, intermittent repainting.
- Repainting on one side of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind has been completed as the project inches towards its summer 2022 opening.
- Our latest photo report from EPCOT features New Year’s Eve prep, huge crowds, limited Lightning Lane access, and more!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports made an appearance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios today to give one of his famous one-bite reviews of PizzeRizzo.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance both experienced extended downtime this morning.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Magical Express service may be ending January 1, but return trips from Walt Disney World Resort hotels to Orlando International Airport will continue through January 10.
- We tried the champagne-flavored Stroke of Midnight Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort just in time for New Year’s Eve 2021.
- Bus service changes have been announced for the reopening of Typhoon Lagoon on January 2.
- Leaning Palms, a counter-service eatery at Typhoon Lagoon, will feature four new plant-based entrées when it reopens with the park.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The EPCOT line of the Disney Skyliner will close for a few days to undergo refurbishment starting January 23.
- Walt Disney World announced the Cast Member recipients of their Environmentality Champion of the Year award today.
- Mears Connect signage went up today at Orlando International Airport, one of the several services slated to be a paid replacement for Disney’s Magical Express.
- Yet again, Florida has broken its one-day record for COVID-19 positive cases.
- Take a trip back to the 25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World with our 1996 edition of Timekeeping!
- “The Book of Boba Fett” star and Disney Legend Ming-Na Wen visited the Disneyland Resort today in celebration of the new Disney+ show’s premiere.
Shanghai Disney Resort
- Ticket prices are increasing at Shanghai Disneyland starting January 9.
- The 2022 line of monthly merchandise has been revealed as Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction, which will celebrate 50 years of Walt Disney World.
- A new glittery 50th Anniversary Spirit Jersey arrived today at Walt Disney World.
- Also new in 50th Anniversary merchandise is this shimmering new water bottle featuring Cinderella Castle.
- If you’re looking for that ’90s Disney flair, a new denim jacket featuring Mickey Mouse from Her Universe may just be all that and a bag of chips.
- Our merchandise roundup at Walt Disney World today featured a Star Wars milk pin, Minnie Mouse nutcrackers, and much more!
The Walt Disney Company
- “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has become the highest-grossing film ever for distributor Sony Pictures.
WDW News Today
Armed Incident Reported at Disneyland, Mickey Mouse The Main Attraction Coming 2022 -NewsToday 12/29
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!