We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance! Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, December 16, 2021.
Walt Disney World
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kali River Rapids reopened today after a 6-week standard annual refurbishment.
- The former site of Primeval Whirl will become… a seating area.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge reopened today, so we went for a full review of the dinner experience of Story Book Dining, from food to characters!
Other Walt Disney World News
- Discounts will not be offered on any new 50th Anniversary Vault Collection merchandise, including Annual Passholder discounts, due to “guest abuse”.
- Keys to the Kingdom, Wild Africa Trek, and other Enchanting Extras tours will finally return to Walt Disney World starting next year.
- Dates for runDisney events at Walt Disney World for 2022 and 2023 have finally been announced.
- The union representing Reedy Creek Fire Department firefighters says the department is critically understaffed, potentially increasing risk for guests at Walt Disney World in an emergency.
- Disneyland Resort has announced that February 2022 will be “Magic Key Holder Celebration Month” featuring special food, merchandise, and photo ops.
- Not everyone is so happy, however, as a new lawsuit filed by a Dream Key Holder alleges Disney falsely advertised “no blockout dates” in contrast to the reality of constantly-booked reservations for Key Holders.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Construction trudges on in the Arendelle: World of Frozen expansion set to open next year at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has announced that they will temporarily relax their cancellation policy and extend final payment deadlines for voyages through next September.
- One of the highlights of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Luxe Collection, the new Spirit Jersey and pants, finally arrived today!
- Also new today is a limited edition Walt Disney World 1st Anniversary Pin from the Vault Collection.
- New “Star Wars” mystery pins and a Tooka doll have landed at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- At the Levi’s Store in Disney Springs, we spotted a whole collection of customizable new denim Disney clothing.
- Over at the Disneyland Resort, we spotted a jolly new Minnie Mouse wreath ear headband.
- Three jolly new ornaments themed to “Soul”, “Star Wars”, and the Walt’s Holiday Lodge collection have arrived at the Disneyland Resort.
- A new light blue Minnie Ears headband found its way to the Disneyland Resort this week.
- Terminal C of Orlando International Airport is expected to open next July and is nearly 90% complete.
WDW News Today
WDW News Tonight – Tony’s Microwaved Christmas Special 2021, First-Ever Tony Party Board Game
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!