We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, December 30, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The original 1975 turnstiles at the Carousel of Progress have been removed from the entrance to the attraction after 46 years.
- The Cinderella’s Royal Carriage photo-op spot has returned to the castle wall near Pinocchio’s Village Haus for the New Year.
- TRON Lightcycle Run is apparently not part of the D23’s ““Every Disney Moment We’re Looking Forward to in 2022” list, raising questions about its opening window.
- With a late park closing time and high crowds anticipated, the Magic Kingdom has chosen to extend restaurant hours both today and tomorrow.
- Our latest photo report at the Magic Kingdom highlights short Lightning Lane lines, the Stroke of Midnight Cupcake, and much more!
- Alex Maher has announced his appearance schedule at the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts on his Instagram along with previewing a new piece.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster remained closed for the second day in a row today, with no word from Disney as to the problem.
- In our latest photo report, we spent time at both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom to check out late arrivals to the holiday merch line, a Goofy Santa Claus, and much more.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Gino the silverback gorilla turned 41 years old today on the Gorilla Falls Expedition Trail, making him far older than his home park!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The beaches of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, famous for their prime fireworks views, will only be open to guests of the resort on December 31 for New Year’s Eve.
- The Swan and Dolphin Hotel is being sued over a $1 million event cancellation amid COVID-19 surges in Florida.
- The Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be open exclusively for Disney Vacation Club members on December 30 and 31
- We tried a less-than-pleasing Boba Fett cake from Amorette’s Patisserie today, just in time for the premiere of “The Book of Boba Fett”.
Other Walt Disney World News
- As he makes his final exit from The Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger chose to spend some of his final days at Walt Disney World and particularly commended the Cast Members currently working at the resort.
- A New Years 2022 Magic Shot is available across Walt Disney World only through Saturday.
- Bonus Park Pass reservations will be available to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders during January 2022.
- The state of Florida has once again shattered its record for daily cases of COVID-19, with 77,848 new cases reported today.
- Disneyland Paris will cancel performances of the Disney Illuminations fireworks spectacular, Frozen: A Musical Invitation, and parade show stops starting January 3rd for at least a few weeks to curb the spread of the new Omicron variant of COVID-19.
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
- We got a closer look today at the refurbishment of the Explorer’s Club restaurant, now themed to the Society of Explorers and Adventurers in Hong Kong Disneyland.
Disney Cruise Line
- Passengers aboard the Disney Fantasy were unable to debark at St. Thomas for scheduled excursions due to a positive COVID-19 case aboard the vessel.
- The CDC issued a warning today advising against cruise travel of any kind regardless of vaccination status.
- We got a first look at the runDisney 2022 merchandise coming to Walt Disney World for the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend next month.
- Also new in the sneak peek department is the first round of the Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction monthly merchandise line, which will start releasing in January 2022.
- Our merchandise roundup at Walt Disney World today brought us lots and lots new of jewelry.
- Fans of Grogu, also known as Baby Yoda, can show off their love for the adorable creature with a new Spirit Jersey available at the Disneyland Resort.
- If you’re a fan of Blue and/or Green Milk, you’ll love this new limited edition pin available at the Disneyland Resort!
- Pin lovers sure had a good day at the Disneyland Resort, with a special limited edition pin celebrating New Year’s 2022 at Disneyland out today.
- Pizza Planet from “Toy Story” sure is feeling the love lately, as a new Pizza Planet Spirit Jersey hoodie, sweater, and puffy jacket were released recently at the Disneyland Resort.
WDW News Today
🔴LIVE New Year’s Eve Fireworks Preview at Magic Kingdom with Tom
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!