We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 10, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Though we just checked on TRON Lightcycle / Run in Magic Kingdom yesterday, visible progress on construction can now be seen almost every day.
- Les Vins des Chefs de France has reopened in the France Pavilion at EPCOT with a completely new kiosk.
- Though still a long way off from opening, Journey of Water is starting to resemble more than piles of dirt in the World Nature neighborhood of EPCOT.
- While we don’t know when Connections Café and Eatery will open, construction has been moving steadily.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The queue murals at Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway have been restored after the previous murals had to be removed due to damage by guests.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will close for refurbishment from January 2022 through April 2022.
- A new holiday drink is available at Barefoot Pool Bar at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has extended hours at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom during the week of New Year’s Eve.
- As we enter the service’s first weekend, we’re seeing higher prices for individual Lightning Lane selections.
- Though flooding prevented “it’s a small world” at Disneyland Park from opening on time with its holiday overlay, Cast Members worked hard to get the classic attraction up and running as soon as possible; see photos and full video of the reopened ride.
- The Nutcracker Tiki Mug originally released in 2019 has returned to Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.
- The Disney Ultimate Toy Drive is coming to an end on December 14, and you can get a special photo op when you drop off your final donations at Downtown Disney District this weekend.
- Bulova has released another new watch at Walt Disney World celebrating the resort’s 50th anniversary.
- Three new Disney Designer Collection dolls — Ariel, Pocahontas, and Jasmine — are now available at Walt Disney World.
- Celebrate the new year in style with a new 2022 sweater now available at Disneyland Resort.
- A new Loungefly mini backpack inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- All aboard! A new golden crossbody bag themed to the Walt Disney World Railroad is now available on shopDisney.
- A new Santa Mickey figure, plus holiday cards and a holiday slap bracelet, have arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Even if you’re in California, you can still celebrate the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World with these Wishables.
Entertainment and Media
- A stand for The Daily Bugle has opened on Manhattan’s Upper East Side a week ahead of the release of “Spider-Man: No Way Home.”
- Artist Tim Rogerson has revealed his completed painting “Toy Story 25th,” in honor of the 25th anniversary of the first “Toy Story” film.
- “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” is set to resume filming in January 2022, with Letitia Wright returning despite recasting rumors.
- Disney+ has announced that Marvel Studios’ “Eternals” will start streaming on the service on January 12, 2022.
WDW News Today
Cancellations Grow as Strange Purple Lady Video is Released for Galactic Starcruiser-NewsToday 12/10
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!