We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, January 24, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- As inclusion efforts continue to take shape across The Walt Disney Company, some names have been removed from the Tom Sawyer Island rafts at the Magic Kingdom.
- Roofing for the canopy of TRON Lightcycle Run has finally started installation.
- The Cast Service Celebration previously scheduled for January 25 has been cancelled due to inclement and cold weather.
- Our latest photo report from the Magic Kingdom highlights a new Pop Century headband, the first signs of the impending Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction collection, and more.
- The first pieces of the Xandarian starship that will prominently feature at the entrance of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind has been installed.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley has also shared a closer look at some of the elements of the starship centerpiece.
- New elements have been installed within the Connections Café & Eatery as construction marches on.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Toy Story Mania gift shop at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been closed and walled off, possibly for retheming.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be closed January 25 and 26 due to inclement and cold weather.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney Genie+ will start including a few character sightings around Walt Disney World starting January 26.
- The racing medals for the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend races have been revealed.
- Walt Disney World Resort has opened up its Park Pass Availability calendar through January 2024.
- A new window on Main Street U.S.A. has been installed for Dave Smith, the founder of the Walt Disney Archives.
- The Magic Key Lounge at Disney California Adventure is being renovated to become a more Club 33-like space featuring a new backstory.
- We got a closer look at a couple of Magic Key Holder Celebration Month-Exclusive items as well.
- And we got to make a wish on the Wishing Wall, as part of the Lunar New Year Celebration at Disney California Adventure.
- If you’re looking for a decadent coffee treat, look no further than the Coffee Kahlua Bundt Cake we tried at Joffrey’s Gourmet Coffee in Disney California Adventure.
- An “exciting announcement” possibly related to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror turned out to just be a new partnership with a phone case manufacturer.
- But further details about Disneyland Paris’ 30th Anniversary celebration are set to be revealed on Tuesday at 11am CET!
- The new Vault Collection Harveys bag themed to classic Walt Disney World art has finally arrived!
- Also new in the Vault Collection are Crocs themed to the vintage 1970s park map.
- Finally, this new red hoodie rounds out the new additions to the Vault Collection we spotted today at the Magic Kingdom.
- Down the rabbit hole into Wonderland we go with a new “Alice in Wonderland” Dooney & Bourke bag collection available now at Walt Disney World.
- One of the more amazing and out-there new items we found recently is an interactive Banshee-hatching toy at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Our latest merchandise report from Walt Disney World highlights a new tie-dye sweater and sweatpants combo, lots of “Star Wars” apparel, and more.
- A new “Star Wars” baseball cap and button-down shirt have landed at the Disneyland Resort.
- Several new Mickey & Minnie Ear headbands are now available on shopDisney.com.
The Walt Disney Company
- Abigail Disney has officially announced her direction of a documentary covering the poor treatment of Disney Cast Members entitled “The American Dream and Other Fairy Tales”, with no release date.
WDW News Today
TRON Coaster Canopy Finally Gets Covered, Guardians of the Galaxy Ship Lands at EPCOT – NewsToday 1/24
Cabanas Buffet, The District Bars, and More Aboard the Disney Dream | Picky Eaters At Sea – Part 1
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!