We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Despite new menu items previously announced for the venue, Cheshire Café has closed, possibly for the season, in Fantasyland.
- The latest announcement in 50th Anniversary food is the Donald Duck Dome Cake, coming to Gaston’s Tavern on January 10.
- The beloved area music played outside The Land and near the former Innoventions has been replaced by the rather generic inspirational music played at EPCOT’s entrance.
- A food studio themed to Disney’s new animated film “Encanto” has appeared ahead of the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts kickoff.
- Plenty of other food studio booths are also now in place with “coming soon” signage, so we ventured around World Showcase to check them all out.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A guest fight broke out in the Toy Story Mania queue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios today, yet another in a string of violent incidents.
- After several days of closure, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith has finally reopened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- A new Kendra Scott jewelry store is opening in the Town Center area this spring.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A new offer for Florida residents allows them to save up to 20% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel rates from March through July.
- Walt Disney World is also offering up to $500 off a five-night stay in select resort hotels during roughly the same timeframe.
- Because of the popularity of these deals, guests hoping to book faced waits of over an hour to access the reservations page.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can take advantage of special discounted tickets to Typhoon Lagoon through the entire year!
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney Vacation Club has added new points exchange options for “Disney Experiences” and non-Disney resorts through Interval International.
- A new model from The University of Florida predicts that COVID-19 transmission has already peaked in the State of Florida and that cases and hospitalizations will peak in the coming days and weeks.
- Disneyland Resort Cast Members have been left waiting for medical pay recently as COVID-19 cases spike in California.
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
- Hong Kong Disneyland has closed for the fifth time until at least January 20 due to the surge of COVID-19 cases related to the Omicron variant.
- With the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend fast approaching, we went down to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex today to check out every single runDisney item released for marathon weekend, with prices!
- The new Ultimate Princess series of Wishables has debuted at Walt Disney World.
- A new Princess Leia dress by Her Universe has landed at Walt Disney World.
- Fans of the iconic design of Disney’s Contemporary Resort can take home the hotel with a commemorative 50th Anniversary Christmas ornament.
- The newest addition to the Luxe Collection is a Steiff teddy bear over at EPCOT.
- Honk honk! Now you can take home a die-cast Peterbilt Model 387 Hauler truck as part of the new 2022 dated collection at Disneyland Resort.
- Also part of the 2022 dated collection is a new hoodie and sweater at Disneyland Resort.
- A new Belle nuiMOs plush and several outfits and accessories, like a Loungefly backpack and Lunar New Year wear, have appeared at the Disneyland Resort.
- Lots of new pins over in California, from a Star Tours 35th Anniversary pin to terrariums, one with Mr. Toad, and many more!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!