We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, January 9, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- One spectator at the Walt Disney World Marathon today held up a hilarious sign criticizing CEO Bob Chapek as runners raced by.
- Two more new 50th Anniversary treats debuting tomorrow were announced today, including an update to the Cheers to 50 Years Sundae and a new “it’s a small world” Tart!
- We did also get to try the new “I Cannot Tell a Lie” Shake and the Lemon Dole Whip Tavern Punch at the Diamond Horseshoe and Liberty Tree Tavern today.
- The Voices of Liberty a-cappella group returned to their rightful home within The American Adventure rotunda today after nearly two years.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The fan-favorite Citizens of Hollywood streetmosphere characters made their first appearance at a Disney park since 2020 during the Walt Disney World Marathon today.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Tables have finally been added to the seating area at the former site of Primeval Whirl in Dinoland U.S.A.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Reports have come in of guests missing their flights home due to miscommunications between Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Mears as Disney’s Magical Express sunsets after 16 years.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Tom Corless and special guest Pete Carney sat down today to play the reprint of the “A Visit to Walt Disney World” board game.
- Participants in the Disney Vacation Club Selfie Scavenger Hunt can get their hands on two new and exclusive 50th Anniversary buttons.
- We took a special look back on the history of the original Star Tours as the Disneyland version turns 35 years old today.
- Specialty frozen bananas are on their way to Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream at Disney California Adventure!
- Park Pass availability for Magic Key holders has once again been replenished across the board.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Heavy snowfall for the first time in four years blanketed Tokyo Disney Resort this week, creating dreamlike scenes across both parks.
- New “Star Wars” apparel including a beanie, new jackets, shirts, and a hoodie have all landed at The Star Trader at Disneyland Park.
Entertainment & Media
- Less than a month after its opening, “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has grossed $1.53 billion at the global box office as it opens in the last few major film markets.
The Walt Disney Company
- Bob Saget, former host of “America’s Funniest Home Videos” and star of the iconic sitcom “Full House”, has suddenly passed away at the age of 65.
WDW News Today
Another Brawl at Disney World, Figment Popcorn Bucket Coming to EPCOT – NewsToday 1/7
Goodbye to Bob Iger, a Look Ahead at 2022, and a Preview of the Festival of the Arts! – ParksCenter
Fantasy Springs Construction (December 24, 2021) – Tokyo DisneySea
Voices of Liberty Return to the Rotunda – The American Adventure – EPCOT
Unboxing and Playing “A Visit to Walt Disney World” 1972 Board Game Reproduction
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!