We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Minnie Mouse is now appearing in a distanced “sighting” at the World Showcase gazebo in EPCOT.
- Jason Ratner, a graphic designer for The Walt Disney Company, has released his appearance schedule for the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Just like at the nearby Savi’s Workshop, Droid Depot in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is currently providing plastic bags to guests instead of the usual carrying cases.
- An interactive remote control Chopper is now available for purchase at Droid Depot in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Construction has begun next to Woody’s Lunch Box in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The quick-service location is believed to be getting a much needed expanded seating area.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Despite initially being closed along with Expedition Everest for its annual refurbishment, Serka Zong Bazaar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom has reopened.
- As we were walking into Disney’s Animal Kingdom earlier today, we spotted this new bee pod that was installed on a tree near the Joffrey’s kiosk.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Just a day after Disney’s Magical Express has completely ended, Mears Connect has raised the price of their express service.
- The Grand Floridian Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort will be reopening after almost two years on January 26, 2022.
- California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort unexpectedly closed for the evening.
- Guests with upcoming visits to Walt Disney World are still receiving emails that advertise Disney’s Magical Express.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Guests can now visit a mural celebrating the upcoming Lunar New Year at Downtown Disney District.
- We flew over to Batuu and decided to try the new Dewback Chili Noodles now available at Docking Bay 7.
- It seems Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride at Disneyland Park is undergoing some construction work, as scaffolding and scrim have been erected on the roof.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- After almost three years, Mickey and Minnie Mouse will finally return to the main entrance of Tokyo Disneyland to greet guests entering the park.
- Disneyland Paris has released a commercial for their 30th anniversary celebration, which kicks off on March 6, 2022.
- We’re now just about two weeks into the new year, and guests visiting Walt Disney World can finally commemorate their special trip with a new 2022 dated ornament that we found at the Disney’s Days of Christmas in Disney Springs!
- New hooded Spirit Jerseys inspired by “Moana” and “Big Hero 6” have arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Check out today’s merchandise roundup!
WDW News Today
- Check out tonight’s episode of Timekeeping!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!