We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, January 30, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- More canopy pieces have been added to TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom as construction continues on the attraction.
- We spotted a new friend outside of Pinocchio Village Haus at Magic Kingdom today. A figure of Geppetto’s pet Tuxedo Cat, Figaro, is now on the outside of Pinocchio Village Haus.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Thanks to new aerial photos from @Bioreconstruct on Twitter, we can see the refurbishment of Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is nearly complete, as the show prepares to make its return.
- The Build-Your-Own Lightsaber Station at Tatooine Traders has been closed for over a month due to supply chain issues. But it looks like Tatooine just got a new shipment of parts because the station is now open again to guests.
- Just last week, we reported how Droid Depot in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was finally giving out cardboard carrying cases again for guests who purchase their own droid. Well, that was seemingly short-lived because plastic bags are once again replacing the carrying cases.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Flying Fish has reopened at Disney’s BoardWalk with a new 50th anniversary dessert.
- The Lunar New Year festival at Disney California Adventure isn’t just about food. Guests can also meet rare characters during physically-distanced character sightings.
- Back in 2019, we reported how the hills in Toontown were removed to prepare for the arrival of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Well, every day we’re getting closer and closer to the opening of the attraction because today, the hills are alive and have returned to Toontown.
- We tried the new Strawberry-Lemon Cake at Plaza Inn in Disneyland Park.
- We decided to try the brand new Sour Cherry Churro that just debuted in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park, and it certainly did not disappoint.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- After three years (and a rumored return last year that didn’t pan out), the beloved and wacky “Usatama on the Run” Easter parade will finally return to Tokyo Disneyland for a three month run from April 1 to June 30, 2022!
- In a surprise first for the ever-popular Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters at Tokyo Disneyland, the Oriental Land Company has announced a special addition to the attraction with Astro Hero Time!, which will be added for a limited time from April 1 to August 31, 2022!
- With Duffy and Mickey bringing it back to the basics this winter with the new Duffy’s Wonderful Voyage line also comes a slew of new souvenir food items and a fresh new burger at Cape Cod Cook-Off, so naturally we dropped anchor to check it all out!
- New 3-D phone cases for the 2022 International Festival of the Arts have finally arrived at EPCOT. We found these at Creations Shop.
- During our adventures at EPCOT today, we noticed a Life Day Starbucks mug has made its way over from Batuu.
- Get excited, lovebirds, because Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. And Disneyland is getting ready with these new Valentine’s Day Minnie ears that just arrived at the resort.
- A new mug featuring Grogu from “The Mandalorian” and another decorated with classic Disney movie posters are now available at Disneyland Resort.
- An odd new piece of “Star Wars” merchandise has arrived at Disneyland Resort. We found this Chewbacca pen in Star Wars Trading Post at Downtown Disney District.
- A few new kitchenware items have arrived at Celebrity 5 & 10 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- A new Minnie Mouse water bottle is now available at Disneyland Resort. We found it in Disney Home at Downtown Disney District.
Entertainment and Media
- The latest “Spider-Man” installment reached a new milestone and surpassed the $1 billion mark overseas.
- According to “Hocus Pocus 2” producer, Adam Shankman, production has officially wrapped on the upcoming fan-favorite sequel and it will be debuting on Disney+ this Halloween.
WDW News Today
Watch tonight’s episode of PARKSCENTER!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!