We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, January 20, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- For many years, the strollers of Walt Disney World have been a rather drab beige color, but starting today, that has all changed. The new red, yellow, and black strollers inspired by the iconic look of Mickey and Minnie Mouse are now available to rent at Walt Disney World theme parks.
- As we reported earlier this week, the westbound portion of EPCOT Center Drive is now closed.
- The entire Land Pavilion in EPCOT was unavailable this morning, possibly due to an electrical issue.
- The planned maintenance closure of the Disney Skyliner EPCOT line has reportedly been shortened from five days to three days.
- The sign for Akershus in the Norway Pavilion of EPCOT has been restored to its former glory.
- Disney Vacation Club has confirmed that the EPCOT DVC Member Lounge will continue to remain available to owners this year.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The showtimes for “Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will change starting February 18.
- After being out of stock for quite some time, the souvenir spork and travel bag have returned to Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The extended evening hours schedule for Magic Kingdom and EPCOT is now available through March 29.
- The theme park injury report has been updated to include the fourth quarter of 2021, which covered October through December.
- The new year is here, and we’re looking forward to all the new (and returning) offerings around Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disneyland Resort has announced even more details about Magic Key Holder Celebration Month, which will be held in February.
- ESPN will be at Disneyland Resort the week of Super Bowl LVI, with productions originating from Disney California Adventure starting Wednesday, February 9, through Super Bowl Sunday on February 13.
- Even though all eyes are on the food coming to Disney California Adventure ahead of the park’s Lunar New Year festival, the newly-refreshed menu at Studio Catering Co. also had a surprising new snack that we just had to try on our visit!
- As part of Magic Key Holder Celebration Month, complimentary sunglasses will be available exclusively for Magic Key holders at Disneyland Resort.
- On our most recent visit to Disney California Adventure, we noticed a couple of new friendly faces on one of the Pixar Pal-A-Round gondolas.
- The Lunar New Year Celebrations have kicked off at Disney California Adventure, and we stopped by to check out the offerings at Paradise Garden Grill.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Just as we thought things were finally settling down here at Tokyo Disney Resort, the Omicron variant of COVID-19 has come around to shake things up yet again with a fresh round of capacity cuts and ticket sales suspensions.
- The third edition Tiny Kingdom map is now available at Walt Disney World. This map — designed to display pins — features five different Disney Parks castles.
- A new Spirit Jersey has joined the Vault Collection. This map-inspired jersey is now available at Walt Disney World, and we found it at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- A new tee and matching pants have joined the First Anniversary series of the Vault Collection available at Walt Disney World.
- A new “Star Wars” light-up ear headband is now available at Walt Disney World.
- A new autograph/coloring book is now available at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for fun during a meal at Chef Mickey’s.
- Two new Mickey backpacks are now available at Disneyland Resort as part of the Disney Artist Series.
- A new purse featuring artwork by Jerrod Maruyama is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- A new photo frame magnet featuring Sleeping Beauty Castle is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- Several new apparel items featuring Mickey and Minnie Mouse are now available at Disneyland Resort.
- New “Play in the Park” youth apparel has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Check out today’s merchandise roundup!
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has begun early production of a live-action version of the Walt Disney Productions animated classic, “The Aristocats.”
The Walt Disney Company
- Adventures by Disney has announced that their Rhine, Danube, and Seine river cruises will be returning in 2023.
- Hall D23 Preferred Seating Tickets are now sold out for D23 Expo 2022, within an hour of going on sale.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!