We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- As part of the 50th Anniversary food refresh previously announced for January 10, a new 50th Anniversary cinnamon roll and the Slue Foot Sue Sandwich have been announced.
- Showtimes for “Disney Enchantment” will be pushed back an hour starting March 13.
- We started the new year off right, with a day at the Magic Kingdom. And we have a whole photo report for you, featuring the new syrup-scented Spirit Jersey, the new 50th Anniversary Lionel train set, and much more!
- Permits have been filed for construction in the Restaurant Marrakesh building at the Morocco Pavilion.
- Gideon’s Bakehouse artist Michael Reyes has announced his signing schedule for the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Nearly two years after it closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Typhoon Lagoon reopened today, so we took a look around to show off the state of the park itself.
- After operating for exactly one day, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will close again. But only for one day this time, due to forecasted cold weather on January 3.
- As Disney’s policy requiring masks indoors continues, free disposable face masks were being distributed around the water park close to restrooms and shopping areas to ensure compliance.
- You might catch Stitch in a new Character Sighting at Typhoon Lagoon now that the park has reopened!
- The Hei Hei Dole Whip Cone returned to Walt Disney World today at Typhoon Lagoon, so we gave it a taste.
- At the same location is the new Motunui Island Twist, a sweet-sour number which features lime Dole Whip swirl.
- All-new at Typhoon Lagoon is the EARidescent Dream Cone, which we naturally had to sample as well.
- If you’re more a Dole Whip type, there are two new Dole Whips, one even with booze, available that we tried today.
- A Lunar New Year headband and Tervis are now available at Disney Springs.
- A new set of Princess Wishables will launch on shopDisney and presumably at Disneyland and Walt Disney World on January 5.
- Our Walt Disney World merchandise roundup today featured new holiday kitchen decor, new 50th Anniversary items, and much more!
- The 50th Anniversary Vinylmation collection is now available at the Disneyland Resort for some reason.
WDW News Today
Updated Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks Debut at Magic Kingdom for New Year’s Eve 2022
New Year’s Countdown Fireworks Return To EPCOT For 2022
🔴LIVE Countdown to 2022 with ALL NEW New Year’s Eve Fireworks at EPCOT
Disney Parks 2021 New Years Eve Fireworks Countdowns
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!